A Conversation for Tensegrity - And How To Use It To Make A Thing That Goes 'Boink'

Buckminster Fuller

Post 1

Malabarista - now with added pony

I'm working on a University project about Buckminster Fuller. He's a visionary architect/engineer - so would that go in the science or the arts department?

Buckminster Fuller

Post 2

Skankyrich [?]

I don't think those distinctions matter very much. The idea was that those of us who were scientists would subscribe to that part part of the University and so on, but I don't think that's actually happened. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I don't think anyone pays much attention to Uni projects until they're in PR anyway...

Buckminster Fuller

Post 3

smiley - ok Thanks. Then I'll just get writing. smiley - whistle

Buckminster Fuller

Post 4

echomikeromeo

For pedantry's sake, I'd weigh in on the "science" side, but Rich is very sensible, so listen to him.smiley - smiley

Buckminster Fuller

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Don't mind if I quote you on the second half of that sentence, do you? smiley - laugh

Buckminster Fuller

Post 6

echomikeromeo

Oh, please do!

Buckminster Fuller

Post 7

smiley - ok Science it is. I've never understood architecture as a mere art, anyway smiley - winkeye

(smiley - snork Rich! Sensible!)

Buckminster Fuller

Post 8

Have found a sub-ed to take them through when I'm done. smiley - smiley

Buckminster Fuller

Post 9

Skankyrich [?]

I've just incorprated both EMR and Mal's comments into the top of my PS. They make a very pleasing pyramid effect with Leo's comment above.

Buckminster Fuller

Post 10

smiley - laugh Ah, yes, very elegant. smiley - silly

Thread Moved

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 University' to 'Tensegrity - And How To Use It To Make A Thing That Goes 'Boink''.

Single entry rather than a University Project.

Buckminster Fuller

Post 12

Bluebottle

Looks like this became Edited Entry: A40513295 Tensegrity - And How To Use It To Make A Thing That Goes 'Boink'

<BB<

Buckminster Fuller

Post 13

Bluebottle

Did you do any other entries?

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post