A Conversation for The h2g2 RPG Club

Apply here for membership!

Post 301

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi and welcome, Tijerius - I've added you to our member list.

Mr. Dreadful does LARPing too - feel free to drop by his page and leave him a message at U651852

Post 302

Tijerius aka Deep - Prince of Requiem City

Ok ,will do...thanks smiley - smiley

Post 303

Xarin Sliron currently into cheesecake

can I fix my discription?

Post 304

Titania (gone for lunch)

Sure Josh, just post what you'd like it to be, and I'll change it!smiley - smiley

Post 305

Xarin Sliron currently into cheesecake

... i'll get to it tommarow so watch for it then(4th of july is a busy day around here

Post 306

Dizzy H. Muffin

Hmm ... I'd like to join, I think, assuming this group still exists.

I have loads of experience of roleplaying on the H2G2 and a few MUSHes smiley - winkeye and I have an interest in Paranoia ( A307964 ) and the FUDGE system (which doesn't have an entry). For various reasons, though, I haven't actually played smiley - erm ... though I have started work on a couple of settings for FUDGE, one original and one based on the Devil May Cry video game series.

Post 307

BurgerRoy

I would like to apply for membership, but must warn you to NEVER ask a role-player about his experience, or you will get a three hour diatribe about his very cool 17th level vampiric, half-minotaur monk. smiley - wah

Personally, I have played and/or run D&D, Gurps Heroes, Mutants and Masterminds, Star Wars (tabletop and LARP), D20 Modern, Alternity, and NERO LARP. I am currently studying Star Trek, White Wolf's World of Darkness, and am doing the research to establish an alternative Western setting using D20 Past rules set. smiley - sigh

I have very little interest in the MMORPG games as they seem A)Isolating (I sit alone staring at a computer screen killing ever more powerful things to gain power to be able to kill ever more powerful things.) and
B)Exceptionally Addicting ("Evercrack", "World of WarCrack",
"Hero(w)in" (also known as Morrowind"))

I've been on HooToo for several weeks so far and have posted a couple things, however I really haven't heard from anyone. I look forward to hearing from anyone soon.

Post 308

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~NEVER ask a role-player about his experience~*~

So what experiences have you had? smiley - winkeye

My group's main fighter once got turned into a squirrel, and I've never let him live it down. smiley - evilgrin

smiley - pirate

Post 309

BurgerRoy

I was playing a very "stick-up-the butt" Paladin, whose Honor was offended by one of the other PC's. Of course we had to have a duel to satisfy my besmirched Honor. Let's put out what happened next in a step by step progression:

1) We move beyond some sand dunes for privacy.
2) We draw our weapons. (BTW- He was a fighter.)
3) I win initiative.
4) I roll a "threat."
5) I confirm the "crit."
6) I put away my +4 Vorpal Longsword.
7) I tell companions he will not be rejoining the Party.

c'es la vie...

Post 310

Dizzy H. Muffin

I haven't actually had any.

But I *do* recall someone telling me about a Paranoia campaign which opened with the GM passing each player a note. The players took one look at the notes, then at each other, and then proceed to all annihilate each other. Before they'd even left the barracks and *tried* to look for the briefing room, you understand.

Mind you, with regards to Paranoia, that's something of a *success* story.

Post 311

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi and welcome BurgerRoy, you've been added to the list of members smiley - smiley

I do enjoy MMORPGs myself (currently a lot of WoW), but then I tend to choose RP servers where I don't spend all my time just killing monsters but can fool around a bit doing other stuff.

Post 312

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I wanna join! smiley - biggrin

I've been playing RPGs for as long as I can remember. My favourites must be Diablo and the Elder Scrolls series as they are completely timeless and still continue to surprise and amaze me.

Key: Complain about this post