A Conversation for I'm New - What Do I Do Now?

Tis Rather Large

Post 1

Card Lady, keeper of infinate towels, may be damp

and daunting

Tis Rather Large

Post 2

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Welcome to h2g2.

Don't be scared, we don't bite - well, not often anyway smiley - silly

This place *is* really huge, but I'm sure you'll find somewhere to call 'home'.

Have you had a look in Ask? http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/classic/Askh2g2
or for something more banal you could try A121096.

I'm sure your ACE could help you if you feel overwhelmed.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, you can just click on my name and leave me message if you want anything specific, or just a random chat. We really are quite a friendly and disparate bunch.

Pull up a chair, you may be a while. smiley - smiley

Tis Rather Large

Post 3

You can call me TC

There are lots of cosy corners. Try out Magwitch's links. Ask is really the best place to start.

Tis Rather Large

Post 4

Thank you smiley - biggrin

Tis Rather Large

Post 5

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

'Tis rather large, but not unfriendly!

TRiG.smiley - cheers

Tis Rather Large

Post 6

Vip

Thirded! Out possibly fourthed. Don't be afraid to go to other people's Spaces and follow their conversations. Just use a bit if discretion if it seems personal. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy

Tis Rather Large

Post 7

Won't people be upset if you suddenly jump in uninvited?

Tis Rather Large

Post 8

You can call me TC

Of course not, towel. Feel free to jump in anywhere - perhaps it's best to stick to the public forums at first, though. We all had to start somewhere.

You can start your posts by mentioning that you're new if you think it's necessary. You will then tbe bombarded by posts welcoming you, regardless of the current subject of the conversation!

I have more than once seen an unknown name for the first time in a thread, only to discover that they have been on the site for years. That's part of the fun! There are so many places where people are conversing that many paths never cross, but I can guarantee you will find people of like mind if you try following a conversation that interests you. Some thread titles are a little misleading, but take a look at them anyway.

One step at a time!

Try and remember, if you start a thread, not to give it an ambiguous title - although an occasional double entendre is allowed and welcomed!

Tis Rather Large

Post 9

You can call me TC

Now I think about it - you already have done the double entendre eye-catching trick. You will fit in here really well!

Tis Rather Large

Post 10

lol

I'm loving it here theres so much to look at smiley - bigeyes I only came to write a guide entry, it's all Steven Fry's fault. To be fair I did know about the guide I just didn't realise there was so much other stuff going on here as well, or that the people were so friendly!! It's a lovely place smiley - biggrin

Tis Rather Large

Post 11

Vip

Stephen Fry's fault? All the more reason to love the man. Where did you hear it from? His Twitter frrd or something?

The Guide is the main thrust of the place, but you can't have an active Guide without an active Community of people who love the place and want it to thrive. smiley - smiley They go hand in hand. A true symbiosis!

smiley - fairy

Tis Rather Large

Post 12

Yes I follow him on twitter

Key: Complain about this post