This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

VV and her painful "chest"

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

OMG. This baby does NOT like sleeping!

Am on night shift again tonight as we have yet to establish a proper routine. Am sure it will come in time.

Me on the other hand am in absolute agony. I decided I would try and breast feed but after a few faltering steps unfortunately I wasn't able to.

I went to the doctors yesterday due to the pains in my boobs. I had been suffering this for a couple of days and I wanted to see if they could give me something to stop the milk production and ease the pains.

I had a young female doctor (not that young but young enough) who examined me. Mastitis she said. I think its mastitis but your breast implants will exacerbate the issue. I looked her squarely in the eye and said I don't have breast implants. The look of shock on her face was a picture!

She rushed out the room to go get assistance from another more senior doctor. The older female doctor came in, took one look at me. Mastitis she said. Apparently the worst case of it she has seen in a very long time.

I am now on antibiotics in an attempt to get the mastitis under control but there is nothing they can give me to help stop the flow of milk therefore I have to cope with the constant aching in the hope the production of milk stops.

So there you have it. VV and her painful chest.

Oh, anyone got any tips on getting a grumpy bum baby to sleep? smiley - yawn

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - whistlesmiley - tongueincheeka drop of whisky on dummysmiley - winkeyesmiley - zzz

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Whisky?! nah... I t thought gin was the useual tipple of choice for newborns? or was that just so the mother could finish the rest of the gin bottle off afterwards? smiley - silly

Post 4

Icy North

Ouch - I hope that clears soon.

James Herriot was always having to deal with mastitis. Nasty disease.

Post 5

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Ouch! Mastitis - I can still feel the pain after 26 years...

What helped me was antibiotics, a nurse who handmilked me, and then pumping/breastfeeding until it was gone.

Hope you get better soon smiley - hug

smiley - dragon

Post 6

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I'm sure I was given something (mumble) years ago to stop milk production when I got really bad mastitis with my middle son - can't remember what it was, mind, or even if they still do that.

As DQ said, a hand pump might help. They can be quite tricky to get used to and are only marginally less painful than the baby but I used one with my youngest and it helped a lot.

I only breastfed one and three for any prolonged length of time, but when two had his first few lots of formula milk he slept like a log for four hours at a stretch.

Post 7

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Well, I have to say that my chest area isn't quite as hard and tender now so hopefully the antibiotics are doing their job.

Post 8

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - rofldon't ask for a second opinion smiley - laughsmiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post