Thai Chicken Curry Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Thai Chicken Curry

3 Conversations

This is a simple 'chuck-in-and-cook' recipe and will provide two big portions. All the ingredients are usually available in supermarkets. The recipe is delicious, unusual and very flexible - add whatever vegetables you fancy, change or drop the meat, go mad with the chillies - it's up to you!

Ingredients

  • Vegetable oil
  • Large onion cut into segments
  • 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
  • 500g Chicken breast, cut into thin strips
  • 1 Tin water chestnuts
  • 1 Red pepper, cut into strips
  • 1 Tin or small tetra blok of coconut milk
  • 1 Hot chilli, diced, seeds and all
  • Fish sauce
  • Half supermarket pack of cut coriander, torn up
  • Lime
  • Turmeric powder (optional)
  • Salt

Method

  1. In a wok or frying pan fry the onion in the oil on medium high heat for two minutes. Let the onions soften but stir to avoid browning. Add the chopped garlic, reduce the heat and fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring regularly.

  2. Turn the heat back up and add the chicken strips. Seal the meat. Add the drained water chestnuts and red pepper and fry through. Pour in the coconut milk and the chopped chilli. Let the mixture simmer to cook the chicken through. Add water if the mixture starts to dry out or stick.

  3. When the chicken seems cooked through (test it!) add two teaspoons of fish sauce, nearly all the coriander and the juice of half a lime. Finally add a pinch or two of turmeric to give the curry some more colour and season to taste.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A912458

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more