A Conversation for Discworld NOIR

A897906 - Discworld NOIR

Post 61

[...]

*shrugs* I'm rewriting it!


A897906 - Discworld NOIR

Post 62

Bluebottle

It's a shame that ... didn't want this to be in <./>writing-Fleamarket</.> as I'd love to have rescued this one...
Oodles of potential.

<BB<


A897906 - Discworld NOIR

Post 63

Geggs

It seems that [...] hasn't posted for over 6 years, so I guess you could probably grab the entry.

I'd like to see an Edited version too. It's one of the few games that had come with me through 3 house moves. No idea if it works on our current computer, though. It's the best game of the three to my mind. Mostly because it's the one where they finally managed to replicate Pratchett's style, rather than just modifying an existing story, or using the Disc as a backdrop for a series of puzzles.

Brilliant twist in the middle too - just at the point where the story should end, it spins off in a different direction. Which gives it a similar structure to Guards! Guards!, in that, if the story came from anyone else, it would end half-way through. But it doesn't, and is a much better game for it.

Vimes' voice is completely wrong, though.


Geggs


A897906 - Discworld NOIR

Post 64

Bluebottle

Yes, that's the one thing I didn't like about the game - Vimes being wrong, not only in voice, but also attitude.

You know, if no-one raises any objection, I think I might move this into Flea Market. It has been in Peer Review, the author wrote articles on the other two Discworld games, so I think it deserves to make it into the Edited Guide.

<BB<


A897906 - Discworld NOIR

Post 65

Geggs

Oh, indeed. I'd happily collaborate if you'd like. It really is one of my favourite games ever. Oh, the intro to be entry could in the style too.

'It's a cold wet night in old Anhk-Morpork. A figure, dressed in trenchcoat and trilby, emerges from the shadows. He looks right, then left, then runs. He knows he is carrying precious cargo, which some would kill for. Something jumps down from the rooftop to follow him. The chase is on. We watch the figure running for his life, sometimes through the eyes of his pursuer, but finding no safe place to hide. He drops his bounty, a golden sword, which the pursuer retrieves. He chase ends abruptly, as the figure rounds a corner, and has the sword returned to him. Through his chest. This then, is the story of the strange death of the Disc's first private investigator, Lewton, and the events which followed.'


Geggs


A897906 - Discworld NOIR

Post 66

Bluebottle

Okay then, you're on!
I'm happy to do a collaboration. I think I need to play the game through again before writing about it, but am happy to collaborate. Good idea for an opening too. I've moved this into the <./>writing-fleamarket</.> now, so have a look at this conversation: F74125?thread=8299451

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more