Create January: Stop the World, We Wanna Get Off

1 Conversation

Create January: Stop the World, We Wanna Get Off

Create January 2017

It's January. Another year, another 365 days of work and worry. But don't fret: we aren't going to ask you to make plans or resolutions. No, indeed. We're going to invite you to tell us about the time the world stood still for you.

Was there a time when all the rush and busy-ness had to stop? What caused it? Was it. . .

  • . . .a power outage?
  • . . . a world-changing event?
  • . . . a sudden impulse to take an unplanned holiday?
  • . . . a life-altering insight on your part?

When it happened, what did you do? Was the resulting time-out a weenie roast1 or a spiritual journey? Share your stories with us. Or illustrate the experience with a photo or image.

And who knows? Maybe this challenge will inspire you to take January a bit slower and dust off some of the stress. And your tales may inspire the rest of us to do the same.

Got the urge to write a Guide Entry? How about tackling some of those historical figures who stopped or changed the world for the rest of us? Hint: Saint Francis doesn't have a Guide Entry yet. Neither does Pope Francis.)

The Create Team

1A weenie roast is an outdoor relaxation event in the US involving hot dogs. US President Franklin D Roosevelt famously held one in Hyde Park, New York in 1939. King George VI was a guest. The 'Hot Dog Summit' was a milestone in British-US relations. This footnote is brought to you courtesy of a British Create Team member who exclaimed, 'What in the world is a weenie roast?'

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87883078

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more