Hymn #30: Sing Hallelujah!

0 Conversations

Sing Hallelujah!

A classical singer.

It's been a fun month. I hope you've enjoyed some of the hymns, even if they didn't all have didgeridoos in.

Since we're wrapping up, I thought we'd go with everybody's favourite set of hymn-singing syllables: Hallelujah! (Or Alleluia!)

The dictionary says 'Hallelujah' is originally Hebrew, and means, 'Praise the Lord.' 'Alleluia' is Latin, and comes from the Greek, same thing. It's fun to sing, and more musical than the Rebel yell. Apparently, even the ghosts yell that in Confederate cemeteries, but there's so much fakery on Youtube I refuse to link to any of it.

Let's get some un-faked Hallelujahs. Nicer than Rebel yells, anyway.

Hallelujahs

Did you hear about the choir who forgot the words to the 'Hallelujah Chorus'? They had to hum.

Here are a few of my favourites:

At least one of these versions should make you echo 'Hallelujah'.

And now let the hymn-singing season begin. . .

Carols can be hymns, too. I'll leave you with one of my favourites, Jesus Christ the Apple Tree. If you want to know why, check out the Guide Entry.

Merry Christmas season, folks, and may you sing happily wherever you are.

DG NaJoPoMo 2016 Archive

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87881962

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more