May Create: In Loving Memory

3 Conversations

It's only May and already several people are wondering if the delay in George RR Martin's next book has been caused by him writing 2016 instead.

Musical legends:

  • David Bowie
  • Glenn Fray, The Eagles
  • Paul Kantner, Jefferson Airplane
  • Maurice White, Earth, Wind and Fire
  • George Martin
  • Merle Haggard
  • Prince



  • We've also lost actors:


  • Alan Rickman
  • Dan Haggerty - we all remember The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams, right?
  • Joe Alaskey - the voice of Bugs Bunny (among other things)



  • For the Anglophiles, we've lost:


  • Paul Daniels
  • Ronnie Corbett
  • Victoria Wood
  • And the legend that was Terry Wogan
  • We should not wallow in sorrow. We should celebrate.

    Memories guys, that's what we're after, all of our loved ones.

    Photos, conversations, anything really. When did you last watch Harry Potter, did you buy the new Bowie album?

    We’re heading to halfway to the end of the year. Let's celebrate those that have gone before us.


    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A87871323

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more