Game of the Month: The Games Not Played

1 Conversation

banner by FWR

Mags plays the games so you don't have to

Game of the month has been very quiet, I know, I'm sorry.

I know how much you look forward to my monthly round up.

Circumstances have prevailed this year. So while I still got video games in the plastic wrapper, I've been playing other games.
My hubby suffers from MS and on Christmas Eve he suffered a major relapse in his condition, the medical bods were saying 'Secondary Progressive'. He's healing well now and should be back home so video games will played again soon.

The games I’ve been really playing this year are the Games of how to pretend I'm not scared when you and our 12 year old son are escorted to the 'Family Room' while your husband is in Resuscitation in A&E.

When all you see in his cubicle are the hastily washed away remains of blood and other things on the floor and try and pretend that this isn'tSilent Hill: Homecoming1>. Still not panicking (at least in full view) while he goes to up to ICU and I'm told he's not out of the woods. My beautiful man was so close to dying. He’s a fighter though, he didn’t give up. Yeah, I know how much it cost to get back home in taxi, at 3am, but it was worth it*.

Months and months later and he is still in Neuro-Rehab. He has been given a single room and can sleep well now. He gets stronger and stronger each day. It has been a long ride but the light at the end of tunnel is (finally) not an oncoming train.

So with this in mind, you’d think I’d stopped buying games or thinking about them. I can assure that that isn’t the case. I just can’t play them yet.

Hopefully next month I’ll be able to tell you all about Lego Dimensions and the new Skylanders Super Chargers, both of which are leased at the end of September.

Until next time, happy gaming!

Game of the Month Archive

Magwitch

03.08.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1He was sent there from another, smaller, unit to rehabilitate. But that’s a whole other story

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87857798

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more