A short admission about how bad I was in the field of human relationships

0 Conversations

When I came back from Australia via New Zealand in 1976 I took passage on a ship called the Australis which was previously called the Olympic and wasn’t ever a sister ship to the Titanic. I was in a cabin next to the engine room with seven other guys. Next door was a cabin with eight girls in it. Naturally we got together (some closer than others). One of the girls was a Californian called Jenny. Halfway across the Pacific Ocean we discovered that it was her 21st birthday. I decided to arrange for a cake to be delivered to the table that evening and spent about half my remaining funds on a bottle of French Champagne.

 

It was a gesture, nothing more but she was touched by it. After dinner we went to the disco, I asked her if she would like to dance, she said she would rather walk on the deck under the stars, and I said, OK I’ll dance with some one else.


Truly.


How thick can a human be. If I were granted one chance to go back into the past I would wish that I could go back to that moment so that I could walk on the deck with her under a Pacific moon. Nothing more.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87856131

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more