The h2g2 Post 16.06.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 16th June 2014

Hitting It Out of the Park

Hitting the Comies with a baseball bat. 'Hitting it out of the park' is a US sport metaphor for doing something spectacular and beyond expectations. Our Create constributors have been doing that for months now: responding to challenges with fascinating Stuff, such as Guide Entries, photos, stories, and personal anecdotes that astound us. Keep it up, folks. This month's challenge, Looking Back at the 20th Century, has already set everyone talking, thinking, and writing. Do your bit for the home team.

Speaking of challenges, a couple of weeks back, Willem the artist proved his multitalented approach by offering us a Writing Right Challenge The answers have been a lot of fun. There's a new one in this issue, and if you're up for it, the challenge is still open. Put on your thinking caps.

We've got art. We've got Higher Criticism from Awix, who waxes unenthusiastic about that Grace Kelly pic. (You're just lucky her dad isn't still around, Awix. He was a Philadelphia bricklayer.) Ben's got some industrial action going, and the Usual Suspects are back with fun and games.

And…of course, the hotly-anticipated Meet Report is here. Pastey will tell you all about the goings-on in Manchester. Maybe it will inspire you to book your airfare for the next one.

So, enjoy this issue. Read, leave comments, and plan your next contribution. Get ready to play ball, and have a wonderful week.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE 'AW' FACTOR
  • Tapir and baby by Willem
  • .

  •  Sansevieria hyacinthoides by Willem.


THE HUMAN FACTOR

THE X-FACTOR

  • The Zeta Zoowops sing Mandy.
  • CATS hadn't been written yet.

THE H2G2 FACTOR
  • Beer.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87827818

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more