Rod's Green Man 18

1 Conversation

One Man's Woodcraft: Carving.

The Green Man: Part 18

Rod's Green Man, part 18.





Since I spoiled the balance of the poor old Woodland God, He's had nothing to do with me. As I passed Him in the workshop I felt His resentment but no attempt at communication - for a couple of weeks, maybe three.
Until, that is, a few days ago. I tried throwing Him a kind thought as I passed His pedestal and got “Don't interrupt me when I'm ignoring you”. I knew then that, even though it hurt, the worst was over. Since then things have progressed. This evening it got as far as, “For goodness sake stop sulking and listen, why don't you?” and suggested half-a-dozen ways of disguising Him while He thinks how to go about recovering. I can smile again now but perhaps I'll leave Him another day or three to calm down further - and cut down on His variability of reformative advice.

In the meantime He's going incognito (hiding His injury) - and challenges you to recognise Him.


For myself, I now know why The Gods fail to be consistently good, kind and caring towards their adherents. It is because those adherents don't always do as they're told and have to be taught a lesson from time to time and if they don't care to acknowledge that they're being told something important … well, hard luck, eh?









Articles by Rod

Rod

10.03.14 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87824695

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more