All the News that Fits: 170613

1 Conversation

You want news? We've got news, h2g2ers!

This is NOT BMT.

Speculation is rife among hootooers as to who the next Doctor Who is going to be.

The current incumbent is due to end his stint after the 2013 Christmas special. So, who will be the new Who then? You can read some of the suggestions and recommendations here.

The Doc Who?

There's also the Doctor Who Group which can be found here for all manner issues, topics and debate on any of the series#

The Doctor Who Forum

===============================================

We're renowned on hootoo for asking the serious questions on life and other issues of high importance.

In sticking to this tradition here's an example of the sort of question that gets a wide variety of answers:-

Why is there always one teaspoon?

One can only follow this up with:-

Tea: How do you drink yours?

and after reading the thread you can then follow through with a read of this excellent article on Tea.

Tea in Britain: a Social History

===============================================

In the unlikely event you can't find anything to read or do in the vast labyrinth that is hootoo and are at a loose end for an hour or three how about visiting the Games Room and pitting your wits against some of the ongoing and long running word games and suchlike.


The Games room can be found here:- The Games Room

===============================================

Fancy being a Scout?

No, not the dib, dib, dib type but a Scout that works in PR in helping folk get entries ready for the Edited Guide and by selecting those that they think are ready and suitable for the Guide.

It’s rewarding, it’s helping to build the very foundation of hootoo's existence, The Edited Guide. There's been a recently appointed new Chief Scout who has hit the ground running.

For all the details and what’s involved take a look here:-

Scouts Homepage

and have a perusal through the various pages to get all the info needed.

This is the link where the newly appointed Chief Scout introduces himself. Any comments or feedback can be left there.

Being a Scout

===============================================

If you're up for a challenge, why not have a go at this month's Create?
With two weeks to go the entries are coming in thick and fast, be sure to get in before the deadline.

Details here:- One Page Poetry

===============================================

Finally, if you're reading this then you're obviously reading The Post which is good.

Remember, you can contribute anything to the Post from poetry to prose, from fiction to non-fiction, articles, pictures - the sky's the limit.

Don't be shy, the Post Editorial Team will be pleased to hear from you in whatever guise. You can comment on the individual articles or the post in general, have a read, make a comment and make a contribution.

If you get 5 articles/items published you'll even get a shiny Post Reporter’s badge for your PS so go on, be a devil, send something in.

===============================================

General Features Archive

BMT

17.06.13 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87798541

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more