A Conversation for GG: Tolkien's Dwarves

Peer Review: A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 1

Gnomon - time to move on

Entry: Tolkien's Dwarves - A767784
Author: Gnomon - U151503

Another Tolkien entry. This should be interest, given the current Peter Jackson 'The Hobbit' films.


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 2

Bluebottle

I found it very interesting.

What I'd like to see is an explanation of what a Petty Dwarf is - like Mim in 'The Children of Hurin'?

<BB<


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

Do you think a section on Mim would be worthwhile?


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 4

Bluebottle

Maybe a short section...?

He's quite an important character, and it shows that Dwarfs aren't just in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

<BB<


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 5

Gnomon - time to move on

I've added a section on Mîm.


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 6

ITIWBS

Excellent and entertaining article, making the entirety of the cycle more intelligble.

There is an older spelling for "dwarves", mentioned by Tolkien in one of his own articles on the writing of the "The Lord Of The The Rings", 'dwarrows', pronounced in a single syllable with a slightly rolled 'r' in the middle and a German 'w', apparently Tolkien's inspiration for the more phonetic spelling he actually used.


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

I've added some links.


A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves

Post 8

Bluebottle

smiley - ok

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseYou're educating the world that there is more to dwarves/dwarfs than smiley - musicalnoteHeigh Ho smiley - musicalnote.

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 11

bobstafford

Well done smiley - applause


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

Gnomon - time to move on

Thank you! smiley - cake


Key: Complain about this post