A Conversation for The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Peer Review: A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004 - A87867652
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Introductory Explanation: A87873853

Another entry destined to sink to the bottom of Peer Review.smiley - hero

<BB<


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

I'm impressed by your research for this smiley - hero

If you read the Entry through now you haven't looked at it for a while, there are quite a few plot summaries and phrases that aren't fully clear, so if you can tweak things that would be helpful, or I will go through it again when I'm on the laptop and pick out the bits where tweaks are needed.

smiley - ok


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 3

Bluebottle

I made a couple of small tweaks, but let me know what areas you'd like me to concentrate onsmiley - ok

<BB<


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Ahh - what better for a Saturday afternoon than reading about cinema? smiley - biggrin

"In the late 1970s, Marvel characters appeared in two campy CBS television series, The Amazing Spider-Man (1977-9) and The Incredible Hulk (1978-82) which included feature-length spin-offs, as well as two 1979 TV Movies featuring Captain America"

When I first read this, it sounded like Captain America met Spider-Man and the Hulk, but now I'm not sure. It might need breaking up into more than one sentence.

Can you say more about what happened after Marvel filed for bankruptcy in 1996? "20th Century Fox purchased the rights to X-Men and also acquired the rights to Iron Man, selling them back in 1999." - what does it mean selling them back in 1999?

" Also listed are cameos stating which characters, particularly Stan Lee, briefly appear in the films." - should that be which actors briefly appear?

"Can Blade save the day after the nick of time?" - should that be "in the nick of time", or is the nick of time something else here?

Why is it fortunate that Whistler doesn't sing?

"The film is clearly inspired by Batman2 (1989) with Hong Kong action cinema influences and an ending straight out of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)." - are there 3 influences here, or is Batman also influenced by Hong Kong action and Raiders of the Lost Ark?

"adamantium skeleton, especially claws" - should this be something like "adamantium skeleton including claws" ?

"The most successful film in the series, Blade II" - is this the most successful of the Blade series?

"Parker can climb walls, enhanced senses and speed and shoot webs for swinging, grabbing and detaining purposes etc" "Has taken strength-enhancing drugs that leaves him mentally instable, as well as wearing a powersuit and has a flying glider." - these need tweaking as the verbs don't match all the powers.

"the rights were sold to Carolco and due to expire in 1996" - what does it mean expire?

"A number of Daredevil artists appear" - are these artists that worked on the original comics?

You could link to the Raspberries A16224789

"Eric Bana is exposed to lethal gamma radiation" - Bruce Banner?

"Dr Dave Banner, genetic scientist who experimented on himself when trying to create a super-soldier, passing it on to his son, Eric (Nick Nolte)" - what does it mean passing it on to his son (Bruce?)? - something to do with his genes, or just his research notebooks or something?

"believing that the film was intended to set up a spin-off series featuring , and sued New Line." - featuring who?

Was Snipes guilty of tax fraud?

The mention of Ryan Reynolds is a bit of a non sequitur. Perhaps say who Ryan Reynolds played in Blade Trinity and move the sentence starting " By 2013" to the end of the paragraph.

smiley - ok


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 5

Bluebottle

Thanks for those good points - changes made.smiley - smiley

I've tweaked the 1970s section and explained that Marvel got the rights back to 'Iron Man'.

Ah yes, Blade. The plot of 'Blade' tells us that if the baddy gets Blade’s blood to spill in the ancient vampire temple, everyone on Earth will turn into a vampire. At the climax, Blade's blood is indeed spilled in the ancient vampire temple, so you would expect everyone on Earth to turn into a vampire, but they don't – instead we see a few clouds and eventually the baddy is killed a long time later.

'Why is it fortunate that Whistler doesn't sing?'
Have you heard Kris Kristofferson sing?smiley - headhurtssmiley - yuk He was booed when he performed at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival.

Link to Raspberries includedsmiley - ok

"Eric Bana is exposed to lethal gamma radiation" - Bruce Banner?
smiley - doh But what happens when Eric Bana eats a banana while exposed to lethal gamma radiation?smiley - hero

<BB<


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent tweaks, thank you! smiley - ok

" But what happens when Eric Bana eats a banana while exposed to lethal gamma radiation?"

smiley - yikessmiley - laugh


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 7

Bluebottle

smiley - giftHappy birthday - you've been in Peer Review over a year!smiley - cake

<BB<


A87867652 - The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1998-2004

Post 8

Bluebottle

If I had to narrow it down, which would I recommend? 'X-Men' started the smiley - hero ball rolling, 'Spider-Man 2' set the standard and though it is a bit gruesome, you can't deny the stylistic flair acclaimed director Del Toro gives 'Blade II'.

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - bubblysmiley - hero


Key: Complain about this post