The h2g2 Post 11.03.13

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 11th March 2013

And Madness the Soul of the Plot


Every once in a while, the Post Staff and writers just go mad. This often happens in March. That wind out there is driving us bonkers, we tell you. We've got all these ideas racing through our heads. We just have to vent – with poetry about snakeskins and pictures of abstract ducks and tales of the weird and mysterious.

In our defence, we'd like to point out that the world is a pretty mad place, as well. Awix has a mad movie to tell about –   and it's really in the cinema. (We checked.) Spimcoot tells us a mad tale about how he got started –   and his book is in bookstores. (Go get a copy.) There were really Wigwam Motels. And there's really a memorial like that in Christchurch – a sane response to a maddening event.

When the world around you goes mad, what do you do? You consult h2g2, of course – the Guide that says 'Don't Panic' in large, friendly letters.

If you've found a way to cope with the madness, why, you write. Send us your Stuff.

Have a safe (but not sane!) week, my friends.

Post scriptum: There is a non-mad section of this issue. One of the sanest things we publish, as you know, is the series by benjaminpmoore. Ben is the voice of reason on behalf of caregivers everywhere. Therefore, the Editor wishes to apologise publicly for the censorship of his excellent essay, which grew out of weariness of fighting with the filther. All who read Ben's article will, I think, understand, applaud the sentiments, and appreciate the irony.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

MAD NEWS

MAD AS A MARCH HARE


 
  • An abstract duck. Baby Charlie helped..

MAD IDEAS


 

 
BEYOND THE GATES OF MADNESS
  • A snake, a jaguar, and a boot. Go figure. By Dmitri.
RELATIVELY SANE STUFF

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87780081

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more