The h2g2 Post 19.11.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 19th November 2012

PUTTING YOU TO WORK


We've been putting people to work on h2g2, left, right, and centre. If you noticed, last week, I asked for volunteers to join the Post Staff. Two new members jumped right in.

You could have knocked me over with a proverbial feather.

Please welcome Magwitch and Asteroid Lil to the Post ranks. We really appreciate their participation. Mags has already taught me a few new swear words.

Over at Create's NaJoPoMo Project, LOTS of h2g2ers have been put to work. In this issue, we bring you an update on the doings, and some typically Post-type suggestions for how you, as reader, can contribute to the frivolity.

The Community Artists, of course, are truly hard-working members of the h2g2 community. They report that the h2g2 calendar for 2013 is ready for an eager market. You know you want one – or two, or three. . . According to Tavaron, 'Our glorious leader Pastey himself is responsible for the cover picture, other contributors were: Anthea, Rosie, Happy Nerd and Mr Nerd, Hati, Matt and Asteroid lil.' She adds, ' Like last year we have added lots of different holidays and all important astronomic happenings of 2013 and also many pictures on the days themselves (most of them done by Rosie).' On sale now – get 'em while they're hot.

In this issue, we invite you to read and respond actively: there are two quizzes for you to sharpen your wits on. There are fun facts to know and tell, beautiful pictures to gaze upon, awful cartoons and poems to laugh at, action-filled accounts to be thrilled by, and thoughtful stories from which to catch inspiration.

Once you're inspired, of course, you're going to want to contribute, so here's my last announcement.

Christmas is coming.

This year, like last year, the Post is NOT going on hiatus. Don't expect everybody else to entertain you. The baton is going to be passed to you around this virtual campfire, so get a story ready. The theme? Anything you remember about a particular Christmas. Something that happened to you, or a friend or family member, or somewhere around the world that you know about. Share it with us. We're eager to learn. Maybe, like the lady in the picture, you're not getting enough action on Facebook. But you'll get your share on h2g2.

Have a good week, and keep busy!




Dmitri Gheorgheni

KNOW AND TELL
GAZE YOUR FILL

BE INSPIRED


 

 

 

CATCH THE ACTION


 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87773610

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more