The h2g2 Post 05.11.12

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 5th November 2012

WE'LL GO A-ROVING

Ray Mears contemplates navigating his way back to civilisation.
Ever feel you're out in the world without a compass? You've come to the right place. Not only do we share the feeling – frequently – but we do something about it.

We make our own maps.

Okay, the maps may be a bit over-decorated. They may occasionally contain snarky marginalia. And we may still be arguing about whether to measure in miles or kilometers. But hey, that's part of the fun.

In this issue, Deke's still getting his kayaka wet (but not himself, thanks for the note, PT). Willem's still painting and sketching. jwf is still doing whatever it is he does, ditto the Prof. Some people are branching out: KB's been using his time machine for a 1940s cooking lesson. Pastey's stopped coding long enough to host a murder mystery evening (wasn't that fun?), so now the team's going to reveal Who Dunnit. We've been dying to know, though Mr Body's already dead. Nosebagbadger has been dodging bullets – the non-lethal kind, he'll tell you all about it. Your Editor here has been rummaging through art history, with the result that we have a new series for you, Pre-Raphaelite Theatre. Enjoy, or not – fans of 'sloshy' art, stay away.

In breaking news, you may have noticed the hurricane last week, even if you were on the other side of the planet. The storm did a lot of damage in the US, and we're grieving the losses. Florida Sailor has a personal account for us of a beloved ship, and those who were lost with her. At times like this, we should remember those 'in peril on the sea'.

A h2g2 heads-up: as you may have noticed, November is NaJoPoMo month (is that a tautology?) around here. This means that many h2g2ers will be posting a journal entry every day. If you want to read along, check out the Create Project page for a rundown on who's writing where.

Enjoy your week, and remember to Send Stuff.



Dmitri Gheorgheni

HAVING ADVENTURES
PHILOSOPHISING
SPECULATING

MAKING HISTORY?


 

 

 
OBSERVING NATURE

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87773593

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more