A Conversation for 'Monsters Vs Aliens' - the Film

Peer Review: A87880954 - 'Monsters Vs Aliens' - the Film

Post 1

SashaQ - happysad

Entry: 'Monsters Vs Aliens' - the Film - A87880954
Author: SashaQ - happysad - Editor - U9936370

Here's an Entry about a film I enjoyed watching recently. I need to add more links, but I thought I'd put this in Peer Review now so you can see what you think smiley - ok


A87880954 - 'Monsters Vs Aliens' - the Film

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

More links added smiley - ok


A87880954 - 'Monsters Vs Aliens' - the Film

Post 3

Bluebottle

I really enjoy the DreamWorks entries that you've written. smiley - biggrin

I've resisted putting in my oar too much – the way I see it, I've had my chance to write about DreamWorks Animation films my way, so it would be unfair if I interfere too much with what you've written as I find it enjoyable to see the films from an entirely fresh perspective.

Anyway, 'Golden Gate Bridge' should have a capital 'B' for Bridge. Incidentally, the Golden Gate Bridge scenes definitely owe a debt to that classic Harryhausen film 'It Came From Beneath the Sea' (1955) in which the bridge was threatened by a six-legged octopus (they couldn't afford another two legs). Curiously, the film crew were denied permission to film on the bridge because city officials thought that if people saw the bridge being attacked by a giant, mutant, nuclear octopus in a film, they would be too scared to ever use it again. They sneakily did a bit of filming on the bridge from the back of a van and used a model to complete the shots – and I can only assume no-one has ever used the bridge since?

<BB<


A87880954 - 'Monsters Vs Aliens' - the Film

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks for reading smiley - biggrin

Glad you're enjoying my fresh perspective on the films you have seen. The perspectives in your Entries have been helpful to me, too.

I've made that tweak. I wondered whether to include more details of the 1950s film references, but I do link to your Entry which covers that, so hopefully that's OK.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 6

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseHurray!

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

bobstafford

smiley - magic excellent smiley - cheers


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Thank you! smiley - monstersmiley - aliensmile


Key: Complain about this post