Scavengers Celebrate Reaching the 200 Mark!

0 Conversations

Scavengers Celebrate Reaching the 200 Mark!

For those who don't know, the Scavengers are those hootooers who have rescued Entries from the Flea Market; tickled them, spruced them up and sent them packing back into Peer Review for eventual inclusion in the ol' Edited Guide.

And now over 200 Entries have earnt a place in the Edited Guide through the magnificent efforts of many hootooers!! High praise is deserved because it's not just been a few select writers; a wide group of hootooers has taken up the call, nay, the screaming from the Flea Market to get the waifs and strays up and into the EG.

Official Scavenger Badge

Some 'Scavengers' have earnt a special badge for pride of place on their Personal Space (by rescuing 5 or more Entries from the Flea Market to become Top Scavengers), but others have been happy to have their name added to the Hall of Scavengers, and also get the original author the recognition they deserve for bringing attention to their own passions and knowledge.

Top Rescues

Here is a selection of some of the best of the Scavenged Entries, and it is suggested you read the original, then the rescue, to see how much effort and love each Scavenger has put into their chosen rescue;

  1. A41930435
    Original:   A39090828 by U956597

  2. A901964
    Original:   A556832 by U176073

  3. A26560424
    Original: A12857682 by U3164926

  4. A11464742
    Original:   A3921347 by U1505341

  5. A87725433
    Original:  A76856359 by U14679247

Do Some Scavenging Yourself!

Fancy rescuing something from the Flea Market yourself, and adding your name to the Hall of Scavengers? Pop by the Flea Market, have a look through, then check out how to do your own saving by reading through the How You Can Help section. It's as easy as that! Become a Scavenger, and before you know it we'll be celebrating over 2,000 Flea Market Rescues!

h2g2 related stories and articles

Matt

23.01.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87736990

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more