A Conversation for The Number Forty Two (42)

Writing Workshop: A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 1

Terran

Entry: The Number Forty Two (42) - A846434
Author: Terran - U201249

If possible I would like to modify this so that it can enter the Peer Review Forum. If thats not possible I will understand. Any comments will be helpful though smiley - smiley.


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 2

Terran

I have the distinct feeling that this could be here a very long time.


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 3

Trout Montague

Maybe if you did the preceding 41 (roughly) or so entries required to validate this one, it would get a smoother ride?

Dr Trout (mediator)


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 4

Spiff


Doesn't the Number Forty Two go to Kennington via the Oval? smiley - smiley


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 5

Spiff


oh, and:

"They are also very significant to mathematics. Actually it would be fair to say that mathematics would not exist without numbers."

i'm with you on both these boldly insightful statements. smiley - smiley

cya
spiff


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 6

Bagpuss

Pah! Clearly not a mathematician. We only use numbers so we can tell what page of the book we're on.


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 7

Terran

smiley - winkeye

Dr Trout : Could you please elaborate. What do you think I should do with 41?


(Mmm... gives me another idea to do with 41....smiley - winkeye)


A846434 - The Number Forty Two (42)

Post 8

Cyzaki

If you re-name it "Why the number 42 is so important to H2G2 fans" then you might get a bit further, as that is what the entry is about, rather than just about the number 42.

smiley - panda


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more