Doltaghey's Cast-List

0 Conversations

There are ten frontrunners we know of in our system, they have revealed themselves one by one. We have recently taken a group name, a sort of system surname if you like, which each of us can add to our individual names. It makes us feel like a proper family. Think of us as "The Doltagheys", if you like. It is pronounced "Doltey" and it is a Manx Gaelic word that means "Fosterling". This page will be an introduction to who is here until such time as each member creates their own page.

Sarah

Although most of us answer to Sarah, the original owner of the name isn't around any more, at least we don't think so. Whether she just shattered into pieces, faded into the background or went away completely, we're not sure. Most of her childhood memories are still accessible to the group. The body is female, slim, average height. Nearly always in denim and t-shirt, a sort of compromise between those who want to look girly and those who don't. Hair is light brown naturally, but in practise, usually dyed red or blonde . Eyes are grey.

Arhuaine

That's me. I'm the main front-runner. I feel as though I have always been here, but I haven't really been active until Sarah reached about 18, and found me here. Gradually it seems that Sarah faded further and further into the background and I came more and more to the front, and it's been so long now that I sometimes wonder if Sarah even exists any more. I am an elf, or rather I was, and somewhere along the way I collected a pair of fae-like wings. My hair is pale blonde, my eyes are green and I favour blue and white clothes. Oh, and I'm female, despite rumours to the contrary that have been circulating h2g2. ;)

Casteylan

Casteylan (who is also an elf) arrived in August 1997 as the result of a magical ritual that didn't turn out the way i expected. He is not a split of Sarah, but is someone different, a lost soul without a body to call his own, until my Calling opened the door and let him in. He's tall and thin with scruffy orange hair and ice-blue eyes. He claims to be 650 years old which is about middle-aged for an elf, but he acts much younger.

Sally

Sally is the frightened little girl who is still ten years old, afraid of letting HIM touch her, afraid of everything. Sarah tried to change her name to Sally at the age of 11, because she didn't want to be Sarah any more. She's very shy and reserved, likes reading and drawing, is crazy about horses. She's a bit of a tomboy. Hair blonde, eyes grey.

Ash

Ash first surfaced in July 2001. Ash is an enigma. She most often appears as female but can be male if she chooses. None of us know where she is from or why she is here. She calls herself an Angel, but she is not the sweet, fluffy harp- and-halo sort of angel. She's more the kickass angel type, although she is devoutly religious (identifies as Catholic). Almost always dresses in black or black and purple, favours leather and stompy boots. Hair is black but we can't convince her to reveal if that's natural or not. Eyes grey (?). Wings appear sometimes as white feathered ones, sometimes as clouds of purplish energy.

Morgan

Morgan appeared once in 2000, and then disappeared until she re- appeared with Kia and Johnny. She's a human past-life-aspect, formerly a priestess (of sorts) and midwife. She age-shifts between about sixteen, and middle-aged. Her primary role is to care for the children in the system.

Johnny

surfaced October 2001. He is gentle and soft-spoken. He is a shaman, his totem is Fox and his actual name is "Sionnach" which is Gaelic for Fox. He appears to be about 20 with brown hair and blue eyes. He recently revealled to the rest of us that he is gay.

Kia

Kia surfaced at the same time as Johnny. Johnny claims that she is his twin sister. Kia never speaks at all, she might even be mute. She communicates only with Johnny. She takes the role of Watcher, though we don't know what she's watching for.

Secret

A little girl aged about 5 or 6. She wants to hide all the time. When she first appeared and we asked her name all she would say was "it secret", so that stuck. Her favourite colour is yellow and she adores anything to do with Winnie the Pooh.

Louise

Louise appears to be a teenage girl of about sixteen or seventeen. She is very much a Goth in appearance and attitude, and is very opinionated. She seems to have a strong interest in politics and global issues.

Melisa

The last of the ten frontrunners to surface. Melisa is a young elven girl of about the same age as Louise. She is the daughter of Arhuaine and Casteglan, born in our Other World. Because of the way time flows at a different rate, she has aged very quickly through childhood. At her maximum age of about 17, Melisa is self-assured and creative. She, along with Kia and Ash (when Ash is being female) are our Warrior Chicks.

The Lost Ones

There are others in our system who have, to date, not taken front. Most notably there is a "tribe" of feral children, both boys and girls, who live wild in the forests of Doltaghey's realm. They cannot communicate verbally. They have a close bond with Morgan who takes care of them. There are more too, hiding in the shadows, waiting in the wings. It's only a matter of time.

(Personal pages for individual members may follow)


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A835841

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more