A Conversation for Principles of Language Testing

Testing Language

Post 1

Lisboeta

The points being made are both valid and vital. However, the style sometimes makes the arguments a little difficult to follow. A useful site to check out is: http://www.plainenglishcampaign.com/

There are a few typos (e.g. faliability) but a spell-checker will catch those. However, the spell-checker won't highlight errors such as "... sacrificed on the alter of practicality" or "... the skill off speaking".

The snag with choosing 'language testing' as a topic is that the article will be judged by its own yardstick! Like Caesar's wife, it must be beyond reproach.


Testing Language

Post 2

Sol

"A few typos" You must be English: I bet there are more than that smiley - laugh I entirely agree about the above reproach bit, and fully intend to go through the whole thing with a fine tooth comb and a colleague whose bete noir is not spelling as mine is... The point about plain english is also well made... I really must curb my tendency to write one paragraph sentences...

This is still in the drafting stages, though, so don't panic! Though I know the problems are distracting...

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, forgot to subscribe to this article smiley - yikes


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more