A Conversation for Motorcycling Superheroes - the Role-Playing Game

The Game

Post 1

BadZen


The Letter. Role-play scene. Turn 1.


The story really starts, for you at least, with a letter. That it has reached you is a mystery in itself, but its battered envelope opens to reveal an invitation to Sydney.

Dear Motorcycling Superhero,
You are cordially invited to attend a gathering of like-minded motorcycle afficionados in the luxurious surrounds of the Hotel St John, to celebrate the release of a new motorcycle, the St John Dragon Mark VII.
Your weekend-long stay at the hotel will of course be complimentary, as will a track session and day ride aboard the new Dragon.

Arrangements are possible if you would like to extend your stay in Sydney and wish to bring your own motorcycle with you.

The letter has been personally signed by Richard St John. You haven't heard much about the Australian bike manufacturer, but the little you have heard is impressive. A self-made billionaire (transport, manufacturing and media), St John has turned his Dragon bikes into items of considerable demand. Expensive, but better looking, sweeter sounding, faster and yet more versatile than any Ducati, the Dragon fills a niche market. You've heard rumours about the Mark VII - said to produce around 170hp through its three-cylinder engine, the Mark VII is meant to be the most potent bike made in Australia. And you've been offered a free ride.

The RSVP date is tomorrow. There's a phone number to call.

If you call:
The letter's contents are confirmed by a polite Australian, who introduces herself as Jo-anne, and the weekend is two weeks from now. If you need to fly to Sydney, a complimentary return flight aboard St John airlines is available, as is transport for your bike.

You just need to present yourself at the check-in counter and you will be able to fly. If you decide to have a holiday in Sydney, you will have to pay for accomodation after the weekend is over, but you can fly home any time.

If you don't call:
A good time was had by all...


The Game

Post 2

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


=========== Character Sheet =================

Name: Jack C Syde
aka: Crazy Jack
Power: The super power of incredible thinness (Bike and Rider)
Job: The honourable profession of bike courier
Base: London

Equipment
---------

Small spanner set,
1 can WD40,
1 half litre bottle of 10w40
1 can chain lube
Small Torch,
Two Litre bottle of Evian Spring Water (Still)
A sandwich of some description
A packet of peanuts
A 2m peice of string
1 dirty rag
1 security chain
bike leathers + Gloves
Good solid boots
Shoei Lid
Wallet with a few credit cards and a bit of cash.
1 set fuses
1 small roll insulated copper wire.
1 Large folding knife (hunting style)


Motorbike - Kwak GT550 + Givi pannier set and wracking. Usually top
box only mounted. Bike is called the Hammer.


Additional extras which can be carried
--------------------------------------

Usually only top box mounted but has two additional paniers
that can make a threesome. Each is a 45 litre panier.

1 tank bag
1 small tent
1 cargo net
Couple of changes of clothes.
1 Shotgun (Sawnoff) + 20 cartridges
1 small fluffy teddy called flick

=============================================

The name's Crazy Wade, that's Jack to you. Whatever the job, I'm the man. You need a letter delivered pronto, you talk to me.

Talk about crazy, I'm looking at this letter thinking, I could use a new steed. Never enough power in the Hammer these days. With this
and complimentary tickets, it all sounds a bit too good to be true.

Too good to resist. I could use the break. It's been getting gritty
here in London with those financial weasels in the stock exchange
causing havoc.

Let's rock!! I'll show those crazy ozzies a trick or too. Let's see
how the Hammer copes with this Outback Business. The chick on the phone was cool to my charms, but, hey, she'll change her tune when she sees Jack C Syde in the flesh. The C stands for Cool. First stop the airport.

*Vrrrooooommmm!!*


The Game

Post 3

BadZen


ROFL! Great character Moonglum - should have started your own conversation, but never mind...I'll get the game running soon, just a bit more work to do.
smiley - cheers


The Game

Post 4

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

Hi Badzen,

Sorry Badzen, I thought that this was the start. smiley - sadface It just looks so good that I couldn't wait to start. smiley - biggrin

Glad you liked the character. You wait until Jack's brother Geno turns up ... Geno ... Geno Cyde smiley - groan.

smiley - cheers

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin


The Game

Post 5

BadZen

groan....

smiley - biggrin


The Game

Post 6

BadZen

My sincerest apologies, but I'm going to have to put the game on hold...can't find the stuff I've written, and I'm having probs staying online....

Sorry sorry and sorry again...

smiley - doh


The Game

Post 7

BadZen

Moonglum smiley - biggrin still want to play?

One thing I have to tell you - if you stay thin for too long, something strange seems to happen to your structural support, and you sometimes lose control and flop around - you've even been picked up by a gust of wind and blown like a kite for a mile or two!

To stay thin for longer than an hour without this happening, you'll need to roll a percentile dice - but if I then roll within 5 percent of you (eg if you roll a 50 and I roll between 45-55) - floppiness.

I don't even want to talk about 2-dimensionalism in a 3-d world....


The Game

Post 8

BadZen

For the latest scene, please go here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/FFM92769?thread=210222&skip=0&show=20#p2401869


The Game

Post 9

BadZen

Drat, forgot to take the "classic" bit out again...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/FFM92769?thread=210222&skip=0&show=20#p2401869


The Game

Post 10

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)

smiley - cool

Just to check, do you want us to post our moves as replies to the latest move thread or do you want individual conversations? Do you want me to post my character as an individual conversation?

smiley - cheers

smiley - crescentmoon


The Game

Post 11

Moonglum Clampflower (MornC), Muse of Ego, Keeper of the Lamp and Guru, (aka Happinose)


Hello? Hellooooo? smiley - erm

::watches tumble weed roll past. In the distance a church bell clangs its calling against the breeze::

Yooohoooo!

Hmmmm. Think Badzen has left the country. I'll leave him a note.

========

Dear Badzen

Got a couple of questions about the game. Do we post our turn moves as separate conversa... smiley - sadface ... conversations or do we add to a thread to the conversation you posted for that turn? I presume that each is a separate conversation else would be difficult keeping track of where any characters were. In which case how do we talk to each other?

My Character would have come across to Ozland with bike (somehow) so where is the bike now? Would be very strange riding in Limousines and all that. Would be at the airport hasttling people until the bike was found.

Speke soon

Moon

=========

There. That should do it.

:: Pins note to cactus. Rides off on a juloctoprint Herfulhump. ::

smiley - crescentmoon


The Game

Post 12

BadZen

Form Letter:

I've got so many people to apologise to that I'm copying this to everyone. Due to dramas in my RL, I've been unable to fulfill my online obligations.

This also means that I will have to cancel the game. Sorry for stuffing everyone around.

Talk to you soon
BadZen


Key: Complain about this post