The World's Simplest Lemon Chicken Recipe Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

The World's Simplest Lemon Chicken Recipe

3 Conversations

This is a simple recipe for a simple dish that will nonetheless titillate the taste-buds, and it's friendly on your wallet, too.

Ingredients

To make this dish, you will require:

  • Skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Generally you'd have one per person, unless they're small or you're very hungry.

  • A lemon. One lemon should do at least 16 chicken breasts, so you're unlikely to ever use a whole lemon in one go.

  • Some butter or other such product.

  • Cocktail sticks.

The Method

  1. Wash the lemon thoroughly to remove any nastiness from the skin.

  2. Cut the lemon into thin wedges. One sixteenth of the total lemon may very well suffice for one chicken breast; then again, it might not.

  3. Wash and dry the chicken breasts.

  4. Using a sharp knife (non-serrated tends to work better on raw meat), slit open each chicken breast lengthways so that a pocket is opened up along the side.

  5. Put a small blob of butter, about the size of three or four reasonably fat peas, into the very back of the pocket in each chicken breast.

  6. Push in a wedge of lemon, rind first.

  7. Use cocktail sticks to keep the meat closed around the slice of lemon.

  8. Pre-heat the grill to a medium-high heat.

  9. Place the chicken breasts on the grill pan and cook, remembering to turn them over occasionally. They should be done when the outside has turned nicely brown, but it's best to check by finding the fattest one and peeking inside.

Once the chicken is cooked, serve it with the accompaniment of your choice. Since this is such a simple recipe, it goes very well with plain boiled rice, or a nice crisp salad. Remember to remove the cocktail sticks and lemon slices before eating the chicken, as neither is particularly nice to chew upon.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A741106

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more