A Conversation for CELTIC DEVON

Sense of Place is closing down

Post 1

Devon Editor

Sadly the Sense of Place Devon website will shortly closing down. You'll still be able to read the contributions people have made, but I'm afraid you won't be able to add new entries and discussions.

We've had great fun over the past couple of years creating this living guide to Devon. We've really appreciated your help putting together an image of the places, characters and landmarks that make Devon so special.

You can still keep up-to-date with everything you need to know about Devon by visiting the BBC DEVON WEBSITE. It's your first port of call for news, sport, weather, entertainment, and discussions on Devon topics.


Sense of Place is closing down

Post 2

Plymouth Exile

I am sorry to hear that Sense of Place is closing. The Celtic Devon pages have been some of the most stimulating over the past couple of years and it will be a great pity to see them frozen in a block of ice (on display, but no longer alive). Not only have these pages been stimulating in their own right, but they gave rise to another set of pages (the Devon Flag), which resulted in the birth of the highly successful Devon Flag itself. Is there any other place within the BBC web site where Celtic Devon could continue to thrive?


Sense of Place is closing down

Post 3

ryan_sealey


Thats a shame isnt it.

So much informations been shared on these boards over the past couple of years.

Its been fun.

Hope to see everyone on another board soon,
Ryan.


Sense of Place is closing down

Post 4

Devon Editor

Hi all. I'm glad to confirm that the Celtic Devon page, along with all the existing discussions associated with it, will shortly be moving across to our sister site H2G2. This means you can continue your discussions as before. I'm told the page will retain its existing ID number so the change over should be seemless. You can still use your normal user names and passwords. It's been great to have all your contributions - thanks again for your support. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more