6x9 can equal 42...

3 Conversations



Alright, you have probably seen the title of this article and thought "What is he on about?!"...well, they don't call me Crazy Man for nothing! However, I can prove that six multiplied by nine equals 42.


The Answer lies here





The whole thing is achieved by using a different base. Most of you think in base 10, or decimal...in which six times nine equals fifty four. Use this as a guide as I demonstrate how it works in base 13...


 131130
the powers/bases131
The number forty-two42



Multiply down the table and add the numbers, and you should come up with fifty-four, and since A=B, B=C and A=C, then 6 times 9 equals 42.




I hope this has enlightened the confused....


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A709841

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more