The Post 2O 14.06.10 - 16.08.10

1 Conversation

The Post OfficeThe Post

Arts and Film | Artwork | Campaigns, Puzzles and Competitions | Cartoons | News, Sport, Science and Information
Regular Columns and Columnists | Serials and Stories - Fact and Fiction | Travelogues and Previous Columns | Post Pages
Back Issues

The forty-first page of Past Issue links with a brief description of some, but by no means all,
of
the excellent articles featured.



  • 14.06.10

    King Bomba dons the editor's eyeshades for this issue. Moving house becomes an adventure in Handcart Capers, Emma learns some Mandarin, and Bertie and Knolly are headed for Glasgow. Dmitri ponders agressive athiests, Bluebottle hopes his festival tickets arrive in time, and Malabarista wonders if she's angered her ghost.

  • 21.06.10

    Apparently there's some football tournament going on, but there's plenty of other things to talk about: Bel finds out about story-tellers the Brothers Grimm, aleli reveals the secrets of teaching English as a foreign language, acartfart tells a tale from Down Under, and dmitri's tribute to Joyce certainly LOOKS like English, but then, looks can be so deceptive. Emma takes a whistle-stop tour of Beijing's best bits, while King Bomba enjoys a meal in a Belfast retaurant with a long history.

  • 28.06.10

    Hackenjack makes his Post debut despairing of waffling sports commentators on telly, but Galaxy Babe gives us some prettier pictures from space. Platypus Dancing has a wry pop at Facebook, while Fastcartoonist wonders how rich executives will find the recession. A variety of researchers have written acrostiocs for SOLSTICE, and Bluebottle gives his festival Wight-up (geddit?) And we wish a Happy Birthday to Smudger!

  • 05.07.10

    This week's issue is brought to you by the letter S: Smudger makes his Sheds Safer, Bea goes Swishing, Dmitri Sets test questions, Still_WRD pens a moving poem, Emma is Sleepless is Osaka, Strange emails are responsible for Gheorgheniplex, and a new Steakhouse is reviewed.

  • 12.07.10

    h5ringer previews the imminent Proms season, and Nigel tells us how to tame a runaway plant. Tonsil Revenge ponders the proliferation of investigators, Bel is job-hunting, and Bluebottle is expecting! The Acrostic Parasols would SO be a good name for a band, or else a coded message from the Russian spy-ring uncovered by dmitri.

  • 19.07.10

    It's the start of the Proms season in London, and the end of Calum's Road in The Gambia. Bluebottle unearths an old blog about an airshow, while the Gheorgheniplex is messing about on the river.

  • 26.07.10

    Bel goes to a drive-in movie, and Icy North tells how to track down h2g2 citations in the world outside hootoo (yes apparently there is one!) Deety tries to explain the difference between English and metric minutes, Emma reckons the cruise is jinxed, and Galaxy Babe worries about the fate of the Earth.

  • 02.08.10

    A summer special featuring some of the best poems, stories and pictures from the past year's Post.

  • 09.08.10

    Another summer special, with recipes, flowers and cartoons to enjoy.

  • 16.08.10

    Another summer special, featuring some Stretcher-inspired articles.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A68958300

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more