The Shanghai, Illinois Daily Intelligencer Obituary Of the Day.

0 Conversations

If it's worth knowing, we'll tell you. Est. 1872

Paulina Simone Puroline (nee Tepaul)
died yesterday at the home of her former dog groomer, Erich Von Schlor, during an afternoon
recital of ETA Hoffmann's 'Dreams of a Bored Lawyer' by Emelia Joe Vanderhornne, 12, an honor student at the Creighton De B Eliminatory School. Mrs. Puroline will be buried in the Old Steamfitter's Cementary sometime before Saturday. She is leaving behind Monanga the IIIrd, her papered Mongolian Birddog, two sons, Item Simone, of Bentfork, and System Puroline, of Sidereal Corners, eight grandchildren, two by Item: Betyh Homes and Hermione June Crouch; and five by System: Bert Doe, Micheal Bill, Susan Lee Ann Callahan, Porcha Veranda Terranova, and System, Jr. The eighth grandchild, Random Marie Terhune, is held in joint custody by the two brothers as both knew the mother, Anna Marie Baker Terhune, but neither married her. (see Archives for LifeStyles page of June 12th, 1996)

Mrs. Puroline was born in 1917 in a small unused cattle tank on the Bar-B-Bar ranch in Perturbed Ewe, Oklahoma, to Mr. and Mrs. Coresample Tepaul, of Broken Lance, Missouri, who were on a sight-seeing tour of the West that they won in a contest on the 'Take A Good Look' radio program on the Green network out of Rockford, Illinois, 7:30 Sunday evenings, Eastern Standard Time.
An awkward child, Mrs. Puroline always sat behind the driver's seat so she could shout out when the odometer hit square roots of pi.
She attended but did not graduate from eight schools before she turned sixteen and became a mail sorter at a returned mail facility in St. Jude, Ohio. It was there that she met both of her future husbands, who flipped a coin and it was Eddie Simone who got her for the first ten years and Baruch Puroline who picked her up on the wedding anniversary and lived with her until the end of his life in 1976, when he threw himself off a railroad water tank into a glass of Vermouth, believing himself to be an olive.
Mrs. Puroline opened and ran a small bead polishing shop in downtown Shanghai after picking up a hitchhiker and having her car stolen in 1978. She soon expanded the business into an international mail-order concern which employed 800 people and made millions of dollars.
Beautiful Beads is now listed on the Nasdaq.
Mrs. Puroline retired in 1992 to take up her all but all-consuming hobby, searching for the very cattle tank she was born in in the hopes that she could be buried in it.
At her death, she had the largest collection of cattle tanks in the world and it now passes to her sons.
Donations in lieu of flowers are suggested to be made to the Sons of Canute Beach Safety Club of Lake Rebar, Illinois.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A673841

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more