A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group
Lusus Posted Nov 29, 2015
I agree wholeheartedly Coelacanth. TV just can't get any better than that.
Bluebottle Posted Nov 30, 2015
A beautifully shot monologue that felt tense and powerful throughout – brilliant.
Just hope that the finale matches the build-up.
SiliconDioxide Posted Nov 30, 2015
I've been enjoying Peter's acting considerably since The Girl Who Died.
Where did the first change of clothes come from?
Bluebottle Posted Nov 30, 2015
Presumably the first time he went through the cycle he just left his clothes to dry and did the rest of the adventure naked.
Although how much time is supposed to pass in his search for room 12? It implies he's been looking a while, long enough for his clothes to be dried.
coelacanth Posted Dec 5, 2015
Interesting. And maybe explains the title of the YA spin off, Class? http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/953c5b1f-3cc8-4db9-8184-f1b6567260f1
Bluebottle Posted Dec 7, 2015
First time I heard it was going to be called 'Coal Hill' - 'Class' is a much better title.
The creators of K9 are apparently trying to raise money to make a K9 film.
Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor Posted Dec 9, 2015
In Heaven Sent - I found it difficult to watch the Doctor thumping the crystal wall with his bare fist until it was a bloody stump. I knew he was a copy from the moment he found his wet clothes drying by the fire - so his memory was resetting each time - yet he never, in 4½ billion years - made the decision to use the spade on the crystal wall? Why not? That would have been my first choice rather than my poor hand
In Hell Bent - I guessed he would be going back for Clara - and her mortification to be pulled out of her own life/death path was very moving. When she demanded to know how long the Doctor had been in the torture - and wanted to know why he'd done it - erm, he was a copy each time so he didn't notice the passage of time (unlike the main character in Groundhog Day) so I don't know quite why she got so upset? I loved that she got her own Tardis and a companion, I was practically drooling, that's exactly how I want my life to end!
The guitar remains totally lame and annoying. For a while, I thought it might be like the Doctor trying to do something that was supposed to be cool, and oblivious to the fact that it simply isn't. They did that before though, with Matt Smith's bow-tie/fez/Stetson, and a lot better at that, so they clearly know how to do it right. I hope they drop the guitar thing ASAP.
Traveller in Time unaware of any followups
"Must rerun the X-mas episode again, seems to have slipped out of memory.
When something goes missing you can always recreate it by the hole it left . . .
Must have been the 'Jack O'Lantern' this time called Hydroflax. "
How do people feel about the announcement that Moffat is stepping down? I know a few people who will say that it's not a moment too soon.
Mol - on the new tablet Posted Jan 24, 2016
Yeah my daughter was punching the air and chuffed to bits when I told her.
It's strange, when RTD was running DW, Moffat wrote pretty well all my favourite episodes. And then Moffat took charge and it just wasn't as good
Bluebottle Posted Jan 25, 2016
Well, it was the old battle of quantity vs quality. When he was only writing a few episodes a year, they were really, really good ones. When he wrote several, the quality went down (especially as he was also trying to do 'Tintin' and 'Sherlock' at the same time).
Key: Complain about this post
- 5301: Lusus (Nov 29, 2015)
- 5302: Bluebottle (Nov 30, 2015)
- 5303: SiliconDioxide (Nov 30, 2015)
- 5304: Bluebottle (Nov 30, 2015)
- 5305: Traveller in Time over 42 _ _ _ _ _ )^( _ _ _ _ -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- wearing a beret A520769 on his Thick Head (Dec 5, 2015)
- 5306: Traveller in Time over 42 _ _ _ _ _ )^( _ _ _ _ -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- wearing a beret A520769 on his Thick Head (Dec 5, 2015)
- 5307: coelacanth (Dec 5, 2015)
- 5308: Bluebottle (Dec 7, 2015)
- 5309: Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor (Dec 9, 2015)
- 5310: Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk (Dec 10, 2015)
- 5311: Traveller in Time over 42 _ _ _ _ _ )^( _ _ _ _ -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- wearing a beret A520769 on his Thick Head (Jan 24, 2016)
- 5312: Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk (Jan 24, 2016)
- 5313: Mol - on the new tablet (Jan 24, 2016)
- 5314: Bluebottle (Jan 25, 2016)