A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Doctor Who

Post 5121

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Yeah i'll have that!

Capaldi is a great choice!

FB


Doctor Who

Post 5122

Deb

I don't know much about the guy but I like his look. I'm glad it's an older doctor.

As an aside, how good does Matt Smith look with that new haircut?

Deb smiley - cheerup


Doctor Who

Post 5123

Geggs

I think Capaldi will be interesting. Same age as Hartnell was when he was first appeared in the role, I believe.

Does that mean that his Doctor will be less physical and more cerebral? We shall have to see.


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5124

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I'm *so* looking forward to seeing how Peter Capaldi will play him.

We live in interesting times now...



Doctor Who

Post 5125

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Malcom Tucker as the Dr?

Oh that's going to create some hilarious internet memes!

He's got a great voice though.

I wonder how they are going to get around 10 rescuing himself from a Roman villa?

smiley - erm


Doctor Who

Post 5126

Bluebottle

You mean 'The Fires of Pompeii' which also starred Amy Pond?

Probably the same way that they explained Colin Baker as Commander Maxil before he became the Sixth Doctor - by ignoring it and pretending it never happened....

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 5127

Peanut

StoneAart, the BBC is also meant to entertain as well inform.

Dr Who is a programme that entertains and is an example of the BBC at its finest when it comes to fulfilling that part of its remit.








Doctor Who

Post 5128

Peanut

oops wrong thread smiley - blush

Sorry smiley - run


Doctor Who

Post 5129

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Ah, so they have form on this front. Interesting. Yes I expect, "Continuity, what continuity?"

Otherwise a fine choice. smiley - ok


Doctor Who

Post 5130

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I don't think it needs dealing with, to be honest... given that there can be two people who are unrelated but look very similar living in the same town, that there can be two people who look exactly the same in the whole of time and space isn't that much of a stretch. Plus it is known that Time Persons can voluntarily change to a preferred appearance (Romana), so why can't an involuntary regeneration occasionally pick a face from the regeneratee's subconscious?


Doctor Who

Post 5131

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

I was just reminded he also played homicidal home officer aparatchik John Frobisher in Torchwood: Children of Earth.


Doctor Who

Post 5132

Geggs

I can't remember if I've mentioned this yet, but I've been thinking about Matt Smith's hair.

Okay, that probably sounds a bit weird, but bare with me. The speculation that Matt Smith would be leaving started when he had his hair was shorn for a film role, with folks getting worried that if he no longer had his 'Doctor hair' then he wouldn't be the Doctor any longer. Admittedly, this has actually proved to be the case, but Matt is still due to appear (though to what extent we now don't know) in the Christmas special. The recording will have to take place soon, and his hair is not as it once was.

I actually don't think the hair will be a problem. Back in River Song's first story said that the last time she had seen the Doctor prior to the library he had arrived at her door with a new haircut and a bunch of flowers, and during that visit he gave her a sonic screwdriver of her own.

It's in there already! The haircut can be worked into the script! It just needs to contain the scene where he visits River, and all will be well. He might even tell her his name at the same time, since we still don't know how come she knows it.

Okay, this probably looks like I've spent far too long thinking about all of this, and the end result is a completely pointless one which would be lost on the average viewer. But would neatly plug the one hole we still have in River's story, and explain Matt's haircut all in one go.

Just had to get that off my chest.


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5133

Bluebottle

Or the Doctor could just wear a hat - one that covers his whole head, not a fez. smiley - winkeye

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 5134

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

He could wear a balaclava, but then the regeneration thing would be a bit rubbish smiley - silly


Doctor Who

Post 5135

hygienicdispenser

I do like Peter Capaldi. Not so sure about that publicity shot though, with his fingers up by his mouth. Doesn't do him any favours I think.

Anyway. At the moment it looks as though we're going to get a 'special' on Nov 23rd with John Hurt, David Tennant and Daleks, plus the usual Christmas episode, where Matt Smith will bow out. However, it's always possible that they are keeping secret the fact that we are actually going to get a six part mini-series starting on Nov 23rd and finishing on Christmas Day. It will start with Paul McGann as the Doctor. His battles against the Daleks will gradually age him until he ends up looking like John Hurt. Then the whole Time War thing will kick off, Tennant and Smith will get involved, and it'll be a long complex storyline culminating in the defeat of the Daleks, the destruction of the Time Lords, and John Hurt regenerating into Christopher Eccleston at the same time as Matt Smith turns into Peter Capaldi.

Any other guesses?


Doctor Who

Post 5136

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

If they pull that off - I'll buy a fez and eat it.


Doctor Who

Post 5137

Geggs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

A number of missing Doctor Who episodes have been unearthed. Anyone care to speculate which?


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5138

Bluebottle

Which Doctor Who DVDs have I bought that contain animated missing episodes...? It'll be those ones!

Will the number of missing episodes be under 100 now?

<BB<


Doctor Who

Post 5139

Geggs

Hopefully, but they haven't said how many have been recovered yet. We are promised more details before the week is out.


Geggs


Doctor Who

Post 5140

Bluebottle

I'll predict one or more episodes of 'The Daleks' Master Plan' - mainly 'cos there's more missing episodes from 'The Daleks' Master Plan' than anything else. 'Marco Polo' would be my second bet.

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post