A Conversation for S.T.U.M.P.E.D. Stadium!

The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2261

Afgncaap5

*The Krylma Leader blinks in dismay at the mechadragon that seems intent on exploring the Gauntlet*

KL-Someone start looking over our receipts. See if that, at least, might still be covered by the warrantee.


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2262

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*looks around at the carnage, the wreckage of machinery, and the swathes of charred stadium caused by fireballs*

My locusts are the least of your problems, if you want my opinion, Your Leaderness. And you owe me three moxons.

*the part of the swarm of mecha-locusts that made it past the mechadragon before its snout closed off the tunnel entrance are now flying around the stadium forming interesting patterns. The rest of that part of the swarm settle on the dragon's snout. And the other locusts have gnawed a hole in the transparent wall and are now streaming through the trap, out the window on the other side*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2263

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Ray glances back, takes one look at the mecha locusts, and starts skipping and jumping over the treadmill towards the badge! There's a light glow where his feet land, and they don't actually seem to be hitting the floor, suggesting that he's using his psychokinesis to cheat again.]


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2264

Afgncaap5

*The Krylma Leader hands the moxons to the vendor*

KL-Most of this is superficial, easily repairable. I don't want those locusts digging too greedily or too deep.

2:07...2:06...2:05...2:04...2:03...2:02...


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2265

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*the locusts on the mechadragon's snout begin nibbling eagerly*

Thank you. I'll see if I can bring this lot in, then. Swarm looks happy.

*the vendor uses the whistle, and the locusts in view turn directly and head for the porthole in the box. The locusts around the trap turn and head the other way, encounter their compadres clustering on a delicious snout, and join in the fresh meal*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2266

The Corrupt One

*The dragon's tail twitches, and a wheezing rush of air can be heard...*

bzzztCHOOOOOOOO!

*He sneezes rather loudly and pyrotechnically into the Gauntlet.*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2267

Afgncaap5

*Among other effects that the amazing display of pure fire may have is the fact that the pedestal upon which the button sat in the puzzle room is melted into a pile of slag. The countdown timer, however, is not*

1:11...1:10...1:09...1:08...1:07...1:06...


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2268

Sol

*The blast of hot asir that preceeds the flame picks up Sol and throws her onto the moving walkway. She spawls flat on the floor, right on top of the badge. This laos has the advantage that the flames pass over her reasonably harmlessly*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2269

Sol

*The blast of hot asir that preceeds the flame picks up Sol and throws her onto the moving walkway. She spawls flat on the floor, right on top of the badge. This laos has the advantage that the flames pass over her reasonably harmlessly*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2270

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Ray, sensing danger, also hurls himself forward and lands on his face, right next to Sol, and also avoids the flames. He turns his head to face her.]

[Ray] So, how shall we decide who gets the badge? smiley - evilgrin


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2271

Afgncaap5

*A second badge slides out of a hole in the ceiling and lands on the podium when Sol touches the badge*

0:33...0:32...0:31...0:30...0:29...0:28


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2272

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Ray looks, and snaps his fingers.]

[Ray] [cheerfully] Put me outta a perfectly good act of evil. Anyway, enough o' this.

[He holds out his hand, and psychokinetically grabs the badge, catching it in his hand. He then turns around and notices the countdown, and the lack of a functional button.]

[Ray] Oh smiley - bleep me.


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2273

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*a few mechalocusts that were n the rim of the mechadragon's nostrils are vaporized. The rest keep munching happily*

*conversationally* Odd how samosas don't sell so well on the American market.


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2274

Afgncaap5

*The countdown reaches its conclusion as all of the weaponry begins humming and clunking more intently*

0:02...0:01...0:00..Thank You For Your Patience.

*Its message concluded, the weaponry rolls up into the wall, the death traps slide shut, and the puzzle panel flips back over revealing a boring, ordinary section of wall again. The puzzle room is once again a perfectly ordinary looking section of the tunnel*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2275

The Corrupt One

*Molten metal begins filling the bits being eaten off, while the dragon continues sneezing, and even starts to howl a little.*

*Corrupt rushes back to see what the fuss is about, but gets knocked halfway across the stadium by the dragon's thrashing tail.*

OOF!

*dizzily* ...what's wrong, Chrono? smiley - blue

*She attempts to get up, but upon stepping forward, gracefully faceplants once more into the Stadium floor.*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2276

Afgncaap5

*The Krylma Leader, being one who studies many types of fantastical creature (and through genetic tinkering over the last few thousand years probably caused more than his fair share of them to come into existence) continues watching the events in the gauntlet*

Hmmm...I'd hate to be in there right now...I don't know the exact specs of that mechanical chronodragon, but I do know that most natural dragons in this situation have a tendency to make it hot and poisonous enough to melt the air around them. It's about to get very uncomfortable in there, I think, if that irritation continues.


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2277

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*peers over the Krylma Leader's shoulder* Good heavens, are my toys doing that? There are people down there!

*pulls out a small book and runs a finger down the columns of a table* Hmm. Complicated. Why doesn't the huge beast just pull its nose out of the tunnel? I thought dragons were sapient.

*picking up the whistle, the vendor blows a sequence of tones in an odd rhythm. Unfortunately the noises made by the dragon interfere somewhat with the message*

*the locusts desist from dining on the dragon, go into a tight arrow formation and head down the tunnel, veering slightly to avoid the combatants, at full speed*


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2278

Dizzy H. Muffin

[Ray is once again flat on the ground, and the flame passes over his head. He grunts with strain and attempts to psychokinetically shove the dragon back away from the gauntlet, but he's clearly running out of energy.]

[Ray] ... smiley - bleeping ... super-mode ...


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2279

Afgncaap5

*The Krylma Leader, watching on his screen, sees the locusts shooting like an arrow toward Sol and the straining Ray*

KL-Hmm...is that intentional? It's a good addition to the gauntlet. I might have to do something like that to make it permanent.


The Hazing Chamber (JOIN HERE!)

Post 2280

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*following their programming and their possibly flawed interpretation of the whistled commands... or maybe finding an obstacle further down the gauntlet that is not to their liking... the mecha-locust arrow suddenly reappears heading back up the tunnel at great speed, still in arrow formation, making straight for the snout of the mecha-dragon*


Key: Complain about this post