Zaphod Beeblebrox

3 Conversations

Zaphod Beeblebrox is a native to Betelgeuse Five and grew up with his semi-cousin, Ford Prefect. He is presently in a relationship with long-suffering Trillian (aka Tricia McMillan).
Zaphod, with more than his fair share of body parts, is badly dressed (recently voted the Worst Dressed Sentient Being in the Known Universe for the seventh time running), bad mouthed, two-headed, has had an extra arm attached just below his original right one (he claims it improves his ski-boxing) and is the proud owner of the biggest ego in the known universe. Apart from his extra head and third arm, he is otherwise humanoid in appearance.
Zaphod is an adventurer, an ex-confidence trickster, a manic self-publicist, and is also terribly bad at personal relationships. He is thought by many to be completely out to lunch. Lunch is of his favourite activities, as his waking day often seems to revolve around his stomach. He is also the creator of the "Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster", a cocktail so volatile and intoxicating that the effects of drinking more than two is like having your brain smashed into a pulp by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick. It is important to spill as little of this drink as possible, as it will severely damage any surfaces it comes into contact with.
President of the Galaxy and successor to Yooden Vranx, Zaphod's job is not to hold power, but to draw attention away from the real source of it. Thus Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of the best Presidents the Galaxy has ever had, having already spent two of his ten years in office in prison for fraud.
Zaphod Beeblebrox is notorious for having run off with the most technologically advanced ship of its kind, the Heart of Gold, (which runs off the Infinite Improbability Drive, meaning that it passes through every single point in the Universe simultaneously) when he was in fact supposed to be launching it on the planet Damogran. Following a few narrow escapes from the Galactic Police, he may still be on the run today. And he probably is.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A607727

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more