State Shop - Caveat Emptor

4 Conversations

Attention!

Form an orderly line!

Your papers and ID will be requested and validated before you can exchange money with the state for comestibles!

I, Comrade BCg, am here to provide you with help and service for the glory of the people's government.

WELCOME...

to the grand opening of my... I mean, the state's newest emporium or "Glorious Day Stores" to give it's official title.

Yes, I know the shelves are a little bare but we are expecting a consignment of goods from central government stores at any moment. I don't know what it will be but I'm sure whatever we receive will only prove once again that we are under a glorious regime indeed.

In the mean time,

I have 102 tins of something.

I say "something" because the labels have come off so it's a bit of a lucky dip...
But we are good citizens, why do we need to know what to expect? That is an Imperialist notion and that is the way to ruin, Comrade!

If that's the way you feel then get thee to our rivals The Capitalist Shop

We can surely trust our glorious leaders to provide us with wholesome sustenance. So, who's going to come forward first and celebrate our country's glorious produce?

While you queue, a military procession to mark our triumphant opening, and remind us of our good fortune and might, will take place.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A598881

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more