A Conversation for Smileys: Drink

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea...

Post 1

Martin Harper

... it's bright red! smiley - yikes

btw, on the main smileys page, smiley - tea links to the food smilies entry, not the drink smilies entry. smiley - smiley


Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea...

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Maybe it's cranberry tea. . .


Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea...

Post 3

Jean Elizabeth Ray

Tap water does contain minerals as well zs other agents for the purpose of sterilization. Some people really are allergic to these additives. Water jugs are useful and cost effective. The water is strained through charcoal which removes a good deal of the additives. I never drink water from the tap and haven't done so for many years. Often I have a cup of tea or coffee when I am out and I amm immediately reminded of the additives just by the taste. My symptoms of depression lifted once I stopped drinking tap water.

Secondly, every cell in the body is enveloped with water. If that water contains toxins then extra water is added around the cells to dilute the toxins and retained water adds to the weight of the body.

Many people eat only organic food because it does not contain any fertilization or preservation chemicals. Organic food has only a short shelf life but it need not be expensive but perhaps just hard to find or less convenient is this busy world.

It is also wise to run the tap water for a short time before using the water. This is because germs congregate around the inside of the tap and any water that has been sat in the pipe for any length of time becomes stagnant.

Viruses cannot survive in any liquid that contains acid. Many people drink a glass of water with one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar diluted in it, especially at mealtimes because the vinegar aid digestion. This habit also prevents tummy bugs, especially when travelling.

Try starting the day with a glass containing half of a squeezed lemon with a teaspoon of honey. The lemon juice is rich in Vitamen C which supports the immune system particularly when there is a high pollen count. Vitamen C also reduces the need for anti-histemine tablets and relieves the symptoms of Hay Fever. I also brush my teeth with salt rather than any paste. This is even more hygeinic than toothpaste and keeps the gums healthy. Salt is also a deterrant to viruses.

Lastly. When we are in bed at night we sweat out at least a litre of water leaving the body somewhat dehydrated. We also sweat when we move. Never wait until you are thirsty but carry a bottle of water with you and just keep sipping it from time to time.

During the war years, we lived on toast and dripping and suet puddings but if you look at the pictures of the period, there were few fat people to be seen and all the women had gorgeous figures.

If you want to lose weight, there is only one way. Reduce the calorie intake and increase the exercise in the fresh air, drink plenty of water. It is believed that weight can be lost just by getting up one hour earlier. It is supposed to increase the metabollic rate but I haven't tried it. I like my sleep in the morning, especially since retiring.

As a teacher, my advie to the university students who may read this is, study the syllabus on what the examination board is looking for, read the salient points onto a tape and when you get up that one hour earlier, listen to the tape whilst you are walking and drinking your bottle of water. At the end of the course and before the exam, walk and listen instead of reading to revise. The tape can also be used for sleep learning. Sleep learning worked for me. Good also for learning languages.

Don't forget to enjoy yourself as well. If you must drink, remember that real ale is made from the hop and is rich vitamens and minerals so substitute a couple of those glasses of water. Green Tea is also good for you an an anti-oxident. That too can be taken with a slice of Lemon. We only have one life on earth. Good Luck and may God bless you all. Keep your pH well balanced and you too could enjoy old age!


Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea...

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*blinks*

Topic drift into seriousness? That's a change...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more