A Conversation for Smileys: Actions

Removed

Post 1

EricJamesParfitt

This post has been removed.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 2

SEF

That's a rather antisocial posting, messing up the screen format.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 3

J'au-æmne

With respect, when it's one of your first posts you may not know that is going to happen, and it's not like there's an edit button on this site.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 4

EricJamesParfitt


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 5

SEF

Unfortunately, posting a single blank post doesn't fix it. Though I suppose getting enough to turn the page would from the point of view of that new page.

Meanwhile, unsubscribing also doesn't really fix it for anyone or everyone else either. smiley - erm


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 6

SEF

> "it's not like there's an edit button on this site"

Well not for normal users (in postings) anyway.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 7

shagbark

one way around the problem of wide postings is to get to the next set of twenty because the width resets itself to the widest line in that set.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 8

ChiKiSpirit

What is your definition of a 'normal' user, SEF?

Up until they started doing that survey most of the users here have been untoward and rude. Which is a crying shame because this could be a lovely website.

Since I have been doing my smiley survey I have noticed that people use smileys for many different reasons with many different meanings that aren't entirerly the same as those intended by their designers.

Take care. smiley - hug


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 9

SEF

> "What is your definition of a 'normal' user, SEF?"

Obviously here I mean one without the power to edit posts (since that was the issue in question). So not a host or other moderator type.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 10

ChiKiSpirit

How does one become an editor?


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 11

SEF

At the BBC that would be by applying to the BBC for the relevant job. A lot of jobs get moved around internally though. So even were a job opening to come up you might not get the position you want.


alpha centaurie, the milky way!

Post 12

ChiKiSpirit

Oh well, no chance of that then.
Bye Bye


Key: Complain about this post