h2g2as Astronomy Links

0 Conversations

H2G2 Astronomy Society
Astronomy Links
Charting the uncharted backwaters of the Universe
smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - earthsmiley - moonsmiley - marssmiley - moonsmiley - earthsmiley - crescentmoon

h2g2as Front PageThe main site page with all the latest breaking news and chat.
Welcome MessageIf your new to this site then click here to find out all you need to know about the h2g2as.
h2g2as Q and AFind the answers to many space related questions.
Astronomy LinksFind all the best astronomy links as well as links to local societies.
TV ListingsThis gives listings for most of the space science TV programs.
The Night SkyThe University Observatory will tell you what to see this April.
Members PageMeet the many researchers who have joined the h2g2as and join yourself.
Previous ArticlesContained here are some of the previous news headlines from the front page.
Discussion GroupThis links to the h2g2as Yahoo discussion group.

smiley - starsmiley - planetsmiley - starsmiley - planetsmiley - star

Below is a list of many of the best astronomy and space science websites that are on the web. They have been divided into sections which can be shuttled to by using the following links.

Solar Environment
Space News
Space Groups
Astronomy Pictures
Night Sky Information
Astronomy Articles
Astronomy Resources

The Solar Environment

NASA Spaceweather site
Aurora Watch UK
SOHO - Current Solar Images.
NOAA - Current images from aurora plotting satellites.

Back

Space News

Astronomy Now magazine
Spaceflightnow.com - with the latest information on most manned and unmanned space missions.
PhysicsWeb

Back

Space Groups

BNSC - The British National Space Center.
NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
EAS - European Space Agency.
Jodrell Bank - The UK’s largest radio telescope, currently working on the SETI project.
H2G2 Mars Society Page
NASA Earth Observatory
Belgian Amateur Astronomers' Society
Index of Astronomical Societies - For a stunning list of local astronomical societies have alook at xyroth's website.

Back

Astronomy Pictures

Astronomy picture of the day.
Astronomical pictures and animations - An online 4.8 gigabytes astronomical server
Bill and Ted's Excellent Astro-Picture Page - Many pictures taken by amateur astronomers with amateur equiptment
The Hubble Heritage Project - "By emphasizing compelling HST images distilled from scientific data, we hope to pique curiosity about our astrophysical understanding of the universe we all inhabit."

Back

Night Sky Information

Heavens-Above - satellite where and when's.
The Sky at Night - The BBC’s longest and most informative astronomy program.
Astronomical Applications - Contains a mountain of useful programs and information.
NearEarth.net - contains the information about what is circling above the Earth.
The Moons’ Current Phase - a continually updating image of the moons surface.

Back

Astronomy Articles

An auroral flare on Jupiter - An article showing recent auroral activity on the Suns biggest planet.
Making a home on Mars - the possibility of making Martian bricks for homes is discussed here.
Neptune Attacks - An explanation for the Moons meteorite pitted surface.
The spin of Venus - looking at Venuses retrograde motion.

Back

Astronomy Resources

The Nine Planets - A multimedia tour of the Solar System
NASA Astrophysics Data System
University of Strasbourg Astroweb
Astro-Links - more scientific astronomy links
Some Notes on micro-Quasars

Back

h2g2as: Charting the Uncharted Backwarters of the Universe

Contact

If you would like to contact me please use these two links:
yeliab@home and yeliab@uni

smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - earthsmiley - moonsmiley - marssmiley - moonsmiley - earthsmiley - crescentmoon


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A531406

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more