A Conversation for Hidradenitis Suppurativa The Need for Answers

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 61

Malabarista - now with added pony

Sociable, please look at <./>HouseRules-Copyright</.>. That should tell you all you need to know. Especially the passage that reads:

"Before you consider putting anything onto a BBC community site or messageboard that you haven't created yourself, you should assume that you don't have the right to do it. This is by far the easiest solution."

We're perfectly willing to help you write a good article. We are neither willing to be insulted by you nor to help you justify breaking the rules. And those rules are stricter, not laxer, when you're writing an entry intended for the Edited Guide.

The Writing-Guidelines state that anything you submit must be your own work, so by submitting something, you implicitly state that this is so. So having copied sections of other people's work in there is, yes, plagiarism.

Especially as you state that "individual sections actually come from other sources too but I have long since lost track of where or what they were now" - meaning you made no attempt to even mark them as not your own work.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 62

Peter aka Sociable

OK this is getting serious and so will be making an official complaint and possibly even bringing an action for defamation.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 63

Malabarista - now with added pony

Riiiight. Now you're just being silly.

I give up trying to help you - we've showed you the <./>House-Rules</.> and Writing-Guidelines repeatedly, and you choose to ignore them. Ergo, your piece will not be making it into the Edited Guide, and I see no reason to waste further time on it.

How about a "thanks for your help so far"? No, didn't think so. You'd rather just bleat that you're hard done by. And I don't have to listen to it. I'll do what I should've done long ago, which is unsubscribe from this thread.

If you write something suitable and submit it to Peer Review, I'd be quite willing to review it, of course, as is my job as a Scout. Until then, good luck and goodbye.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 64

Peter aka Sociable

Formal complaint lodged so this will be my final post too.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hidradenitis Suppurativa The Need for Answers

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more