A Conversation for Talking Point: Happy Birthday to Us!

Where to start?

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this, but I was somewhat busy, being involved in preparing the Post's celebrations of h2g2's 10th birthday.

*

What's been your most memorable moment on h2g2?
The first, very positive and encouraging reply to the first entry ever I wrote *and* submitted to Peer Review (thank you, Matt!)
*

What's the funniest thing you've read on h2g2?
Don't know, there have been so many funny things.
*

Who or what have you been most touched by?
The overwhelming responses from all corners of h2g2 (eds included) on the recent announcement of pheloxi's death.
*

Has h2g2 affected your life?
Yes. I've learned so many things here, and I've visited England every year since I signed up here back in 2003 - something I don't think I'd have done otherwise.
*

If so, in what ways? Have the changes been positive or negative?
I improved my English.
I became an active volunteer. I started writing, and even sub-editing.
I'll leave the judgement whether that was positive or negative to others. smiley - winkeye

*

Have you met many friends on h2g2? Do they still use the site?
Yes, I've made many friends here, and most of them still use the site.
*

If not, which characters do you remember most vividly and miss most strongly?
pheloxi, see above. All the others are still around, even if some aren't here as often as they used to be.
*

How long have you been using h2g2?
Six years in June this year.
*

If you're a long-time user, why do you still visit h2g2?
It's sticky. smiley - winkeye There are my friends, and there are all the challenges 'thrown' at me, be they in the form of t-shirts and goodies, or editing and writing for the Post.
*

Did you think you'd be using the site in 2009?
I never thought about that at all. I guess if I had, the answer would probably be no. I had no experience with the internet at all when joining here, and my English left a lot to be wished for, and I wasn't sure whether I'd be welcome.
*

Do you think you'll be using the site in 2019?

I hope I will!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more