A Conversation for Talking Point: Happy Birthday to Us!

In answer to you questions....

Post 1

Demon Drawer

What's been your most memorable moment on h2g2?

Getting to guest edit the front page on getting my 100 entries. Although to be fair Jimi X really deserved to be first instead of the following Friday.

What's the funniest thing you've read on h2g2?

Possibly some of the Presidential election threads. Definitely we had the full soap opera going on.

Who or what have you been most touched by?

So many people on here I now consider friends who I wouldn't have met without the site.


Has h2g2 affected your life?

Well I fell in love with a fellow researcher, got engaged, moved to another part of the UK (where I still live) and even after that relationship ended am still writing (mainly on my blog, or for the post rather that h2g2)

If so, in what ways? Have the changes been positive or negative?

Overall postive with the one notable exception. The move has made me get heavily involved in politics as a result. I should be standing again for the next general election.

Have you met many friends on h2g2? Do they still use the site?

Yeah I've met many friends, some have drifted away, some are still around. A lot of us still meet up regularly as a group.

If not, which characters do you remember most vividly and miss most strongly?

Really miss Greebo T. Cat's daily quiz.

How long have you been using h2g2?

Since December 1999

If you're a long-time user, why do you still visit h2g2?

I still take part in Phantasy Phootball. Still have ideas for entries and write for the post.

Did you think you'd be using the site in 2009?

Nope especially during Rupert.

Do you think you'll be using the site in 2019?

If it and I are still around you may still see me lurking around somewhere.

DD U104826 20 Dec 1999 - Present


In answer to you questions....

Post 2

The H2G2 Editors

Great post, lovely to hear from another HooToo legend! smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubbly


In answer to you questions....

Post 3

Peregrin

DD! Dude! This forum is like opening a box of nostalgia smiley - hug


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more