The h2g2 Post 19.02.09

1 Conversation


Posted: 19th February 2009


 

 


Sitting In The Sun...


This is quite a novel way of writing an Editorial for me. I'm typing away in the middle of a nature reserve, in the sun, on my brand-new Netbook, and it makes a great change from sitting in the stuffy lounge, writing my Editorial. It's quite liberating, in fact.


We've got a great issue for you once again, starting with The Stretcher. Our contestants really do need your votes as we move towards our first eviction round, so please do get involved and vote for your favourite piece from those submitted. Our regular Acrostic poetry challenge has been supplemented by a Cabbage poetry challenge, and the hard-working Lil has been kind enough to put a collection of the best of those together for you to read. There are also not one, but two Aviators link-ups in this article, with the second part of Firestorm and a superb AV version of Beatrice's 'Take It To The Max' column. We also have a discussion about how easy it really is to draw cartoons by Tonsil Revenge, which is very timely as we welcome King Bomba to our cast of regular cartoonists. And SWL takes a personal look at the Victoria bushfires - the most touching and harrowing piece of writing I've seen for a long time. There's plenty more, of course; these are just my personal highlights, and if you read through, I'm sure you'll find inspiration of your own.


I totally forgot to mention in the last issue that The Thinker had been awarded her Post Reporter badge, so my apologies for the belated congratulations! JimCracker has also been awarded his for his fifth submission this issue, so well done to you both.


The Toubab will once again be travelling around The Gambia in early March, so I'm going to bid you farewell for a couple of issues and leave you in the capable hands of B'Elana. Submissions for the next issue will need to be with us by midnight on Sunday 1st March; in the meantime, enjoy this fine issue of The Post!

STOP PRESS!!!!!


We got this news shortly after The Post 'went to press':


Amy Pawloski has just delivered a new h2g2 Researcher to the world, Kenna Grace Pawloski. Grace was born on February 16, at 4:59pm PST; she was 6 lbs 9 oz, 19½ inches long, and scored 7 and 9 on her APGARs. Hearty congratulations to all the family - it's a little late for champagne here, but I shall certainly be raising a glass of whisky to you! For more details and to give your congratulations, see Amy's thread.


Skankyrich


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

  • First Love

  • A welcome return for Xarin, who appears to have come of age...


 

 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

 

 
REGULARS

 

 

  • Musical Notes

  • h5ringer brings us part 2 of "Earthling what do you choose"
    and needs our readers' help in choosing an opera.


 

 
FEATURES

 

 

  • Fire

  • The Victoria bushfires stir SWL's memory


  • The Stretcher

  • Scores from the last issue, and a final pre-eviction challenge


 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 


 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A47075349

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more