Which is the first commandment of all?

1 Conversation



It is clear from the main Abrahamic Scriptures that the God of the Jews, Christians and Muslims is One and the same. Taking the Messengers of God with their relevant Scripture in chronological order:

*Moses with the Torah


4 Hear, Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord is One.


5 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might
smiley - bookJewish Bible: Devarim - Deuteronomy Chapter 6

*Jesus with the Gospel


28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?


29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:


30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
smiley - bookKing James Bible: Mark Chapter 12

*Muhammad with the Qur'an


163 And your God is One God; there is no god but He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

164 Surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, and the ship that runs in the sea with profit to men, and the water God sends down from heaven therewith reviving the earth after it is dead, and His scattering in it all manner of crawling things, and the turning about of the winds and the clouds compelled between heaven and earth - surely these are signs for a people having understanding.

165 Yet among mankind, are some who take other than God as equals to Him, they love them as they should love God; but those who believe love God more strongly; and when those who are wicked see the retribution, they will see that all power belongs to God, and that God is severe in retribution.
smiley - bookQur'an al-Baqarah - The Cow
*Peace and blessings of God be upon Him       + . + . + . +       > > A46646139

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A46533909

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more