A Weekend in Amsterdam

0 Conversations

Last Friday, Mark, Abi and I flew out to Amsterdam to visit a group of Dutch h2g2 Researchers.

We caught a lunchtime flight, and were met at the airport by Kheldar and Arutha who took us on our first double decker train trip travelling towards their home town of Alphen aan den Rijn.

We made a quick stop over at our hotel, to drop off the luggage and then went over to Shazz and Towel Master's house for a some tea and cake with Kheldar, Arutha, Shazz and TM. Ormondroyd duly arrived at the house, and then TM made us a truly delicious Dutch speciality of raw herring and onion, which was really nice, do try it if you ever go over there...

We then went out to the local centre of *all* activity... the great bar/club 'Het Kasteel', and met Don Vito, Don Alfredo and Clown MCP. Shazz and Towel Master made a fabulous announcement, but you'll have to speak to Shazz about that one... So we all naturally had to have a few celebratory beers, eventually making it back to our hotel just after midnight, oh well okay, I guess it was more pushing 1.am...

On Saturday we all went to Amsterdam, where we saw many of the highlights of Amsterdam, like Dam Square, the celebrated coffee shops, the red light district as well as a naked man dangling upside down from a rope. Hey, this *is* Amsterdam...

The weekend was fabulous, we came back with so many wonderful fun memories (and a few blank patches, but then that's *another* story ) - My personal favourite was when the man in the red light district tried to coax Shazz and Abi in to see the male stripper and said that they could bring their bodyguards with them... (the diminuative Kheldar, Arutha and Ormondroyd were following on behind!)

Thanks to everyone involved, to Kheldar and Arutha for being such good company, to Shazz and TM for inviting us and for being such good hosts, and to everyone, for making it such a fun weekend...

And Shazz and TM - CONGRATULATIONS!!


Peta


09.10.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A451333

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more