A Conversation for Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 1

Mike A (snowblind)

http://www.h2g2.com/A444601

And why should I recommend one of my own entries? Because I believe that Maiden are simply one of the best bands to grace the earth. I swear they don't get the recognition they deserve here on h2g2 - even my approved/edited entry on the band itself was written while I was a green fan, and thus the finished product wasn't very good.
With this lastest entry I hope I have redressed the balance. Targeted a specific aspect of Maiden and hopefully done it justice.

Have I done it justice? Komments and konstruktive kritiskism greatfully received smiley - smiley


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

Although to start getting anywhere we'll have to keep this on the first page of threads. That's another good reason for this entry to be accepted. As we've seen, nobody here knows or cares about one of the most major bands of the past 20 years. Isn't that sad?


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 3

shrinkwrapped

It's okay that you reccomended your own entry: it's very good.
Well researched, set out and written. Also something some of us "non-Maiden" fans wouldn't be aware of.
Well done!


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 4

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

Greeeat!!!
I have to say that I sometimes think that Eddie has become 'better known' than the band themselves.
Although you've linked Iron Maiden, do you not think that a small history of the band might not be in order?
As Mr.T rightly points out, there are a few folk out there who might not know about I.M.(!!) and can't be bothered to use the link....but then I s'pose that's their problem!
Great entry!
TheOkapi smiley - bigeyes ( Still trying to rock in the free world!)


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 5

Mike A (snowblind)

I actually went out to try and not produce too much on the history of Maiden. The masses of trivia I wrote as I went about writing was enough, or more than enough. I thought it would detract from what the entry is really about: Eddie! Although, as it is, it could well be titled The Artwork Of Iron Maiden and not much would be amiss *^_^*

It's interesting to see that you think Eddie is bigger than the band sometimes. How do you get this impression? It's very interesting to see if Eddie has been advertising himself to people without letting on that there's six other guys behind him smiley - winkeye

Some minor work to be done to the entry though. One link, I think.


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 6

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

My comment about Eddie being more well known than the band stems from Mr.T's comment about folk who don't know much, if anything, about Maiden. Some of the kids I work with, who are definitely not metal-heads but into rap, drum 'n' bass and so on, have posters adorning their walls, and favourite amongst those ( after Buffy!) are the ones with Eddie...closely followed by Marilyn Manson; which says something about the kids, I think!
And t-shirts too, Eddie decorated, seem to be pretty popular as well!
And most of the poster / t-shirt brigade have never even HEARD of Maiden, let alone listened to them!
TheOkapi smiley - bigeyes


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 7

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

Happyhappyhappy!!!smiley - winkeye
Aren't you just soooo glad you put this on the PR page now?
Guess what? You'll be cockahoop to know (we hope) that Eddie has now gone forward to the great Editorial Process in the Ether and will be appearing,in the (we hope again)not too distant future,as an Edited Guide Entry! Congratulations Genocide!
Thread closed, but the article lives on!!!
TheOkapismiley - bigeyes


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 8

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

Happyhappyhappy!!!smiley - winkeye
Aren't you just soooo glad you put this on the PR page now?
Guess what? You'll be cockahoop to know (we hope) that Eddie has now gone forward to the great Editorial Process in the Ether and will be appearing,in the (we hope again)not too distant future,as an Edited Guide Entry! Congratulations Genocide!
Thread closed, but the article lives on!!!
TheOkapismiley - bigeyes


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 9

TheOkapi - Sensitive Scout...So Do It PROPERLY!

Darn! Sorry! Machine got da creeps + I got impatient = double posting!
TheOkapismiley - sadface


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 10

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Well done, GR!

smiley - bigeyes Amy


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 11

Mark Moxon

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 12

Mike A (snowblind)

Has it? Ye gods, how did that happen? Well, I'm chuffed! Just hope the sub finds the link I meant to put in *^_^*
I'll root around see how you found out how this had gone to the Ether, as ye put it smiley - bigeyes

Thanks for news smiley - smiley


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 13

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

A nice birthday surprise?

smiley - bigeyes

Amy


A444601: Eddie - mascot of Iron Maiden

Post 14

Mike A (snowblind)

lmfao!! I think that instead of it being a nice accompniament for the birthday, it's the other way round. I have never before been so apathetic about my own birthday smiley - tongueout


Spelling & Typos...

Post 15

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Before it goes out as "Edited", I noticed a few spelling problems:

You consistently misspell "Piece of Mind" as "Peice of Mind"

Ditto, "Pharaoh" as "Pharoah"...

In "The Number of the Beast" paragraph, you spell "evangelists" as "engalavists", and "Beelzebub" as "Beezlebub".

In the "Live after Death" para., you spell "sentence" as "sentance" and "Acacia" as "Acavia" (typo)

In "A Real Live Dead One", you refer to the "DJ od Radio Hell" instead of "DJ of Radio Hell".

In "Best of the Beast" you spell "straitjacket" as "straightjacket".

Apart from that, nice article!
Pedantically yours,
Peet


Spelling & Typos...

Post 16

Mike A (snowblind)

Thank you on all counts!


Key: Complain about this post