A Conversation for A LOOK AT HI-FI

Graham's Hi-Fi

Post 1

Dogster

If you live in London, I recommend Graham's Hi-Fi store in Islington, very good, knowledgeable service. I spent about 3 or 4 hours there listening to various equipment, etc.


Graham's Hi-Fi

Post 2

Pheroneous

Yes, I would endorse that. They are very good. There are many good dealers around London. The Cornflake shop is one, KJ Audio another, and, for me Hi-Fi experience in Tottenham Court Rd is good because they have a lot of listening rooms. Generally, though, they can, unfortunately, be forbidding places for the novice because of all the jargon etc.. I have yet to feel really welcomed in these places, which is why the one I am connected with in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, has a very strict policy to be open and welcoming to everyone, browsers, buyers, novices and experts, and will freely demonstrate any and every item in the shop until the visitor drops dead of earache!


Graham's Hi-Fi

Post 3

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Hi folks,

A few months ago I started the Hi Fi Club Rooms http://www.h2g2.com/A411977 and didn't do very much to publicise it through a disease of mine called abject laziness. However, if you all wish to pop along there, I'd love to welcome you. It's just a place where we audiophiles can have some debate over the things that seem to matter to us and nobody else - to spike or not to spike, pre/power versus integrated - anyhing else you care to bring up. Who knows, we might even get on to talking about music...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more