A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

Somebody Else's Problem or mine?

Post 1

paigetheoracle

I know this is bizarre but I want some information on the actual Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

I told somebody about the above concept and they want me to tell them which book it is in and what page number, for reference purposes.

All I could remember was that it was in one of the later books ('Life, the Universe, Everything' I believe) and concerned the Krikkit Wars scene, where The Ashes are stolen from Lords by a UFO and it's crew.

Can anybody who's still got a copy of this particular book help? (Long winded replies not necessary as I know the answer will break down into 42, if I don't break down firstsmiley - wah).


Somebody Else's Problem or mine?

Post 2

Vip

I can't help as I'm at work and don't have a copy of the books to hand, but if you post this question in <./>Askh2g2</.> I'm sure someone will have a copy!

Best of luck,

Vip
smiley - fairy


Somebody Else's Problem or mine?

Post 3

The H2G2 Editors

We think we can help with this. Yes, it's in the third book - Life, the Universe and Everything. Not sure of the page number, they'll vary from edition to edition (but it's at the end, if that helps).


Somebody Else's Problem or mine?

Post 4

Vip

Life, The Universe, and Everything, Chapter 4.

In my copy (The Complete Edition, pub. William Heinimann 1995), it's on page 333.

I could help, after all. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy


Somebody Else's Problem or mine?

Post 5

paigetheoracle

Many thanks for the replies everybody! (and every mind I suppose). This was for someone else as I say, so hopefully they'll stop plaguing me now and I can get back to writing my short story collection, one of which is 'The man who knows everything' (Obviously not me). I also 'started' another Hitch-Hiker's short story but somehow my mind wandered off onto some other project, so maybe I'm wrong about that (identity of 'The man who knows everything').


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more