A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

Cakes and Ale

Post 1

inducker

Has somebody been hitting the infinite improbability drive? I've often noticed the spooky similarity between the questions in quiz shows broadcast on the same day. It frequently used to happen when 'Mastermind' and 'University Challenge' were both shown on Monday evening . Last night they/ it/ something/ was/ were at it again but now the phenomenom has spread to "Only Connect" , the rather random Shakespearian expression "Cakes and Ale" featuring in both University Challenge and the BBC 4 show. Has anybody else noticed other examples and are there any interesting explanations beyond boring things like the questions being set by the same people?


Cakes and Ale

Post 2

Vip

I've never noticed it before (but then, I don't really watch television...).

How smiley - cool is that!

smiley - fairy


Cakes and Ale

Post 3

Aspera

skeleton in the cupboard? or gender disguise?
luxurious item, or illusive unattainable substance.
the combination of Cakes & Ale is rather bizarre.
how often do you see any one eating cake while drinking ale?
Crazy basta...haha
smiley - cakesmiley - cheers


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more