Spot - The Game

0 Conversations



Spot is a game that can be played by any number of players with very little equipment. It is a simple game that can be played by anyone, and can be described as a cross between Football, Squash and various games that involve assigning letters to losing players.

Equipment

  1. A ball (soccer ball is ideal)
  2. A handy wall1
  3. Some friends

Gameplay



The first player takes a Spot Kick. This involves putting the ball down in a predetermined spot and kicking it off the wall within certain boundaries. The next player must then attempt to kick the ball at the wall within the boundaries using only one touch. If he succeeds then play passes to the next player who attempts the same.

If a player fails to hit the wall or takes too many touches of the ball, then they are assigned a letter - S first then P,O and finally T. Once a player has the full 'SPOT' then they are out and play continues until only one person is left who is the winner. Every time someone gets a letter the next player gets a Spot Kick to restart play.

Important Rules

  • The play area must be clearly defined at the start. This is usually done by using any unusual markings on the wall to define both width and height. Aim for an area about 3 metres wide and limited to head height.
  • The game can be played with any amount of players, although 3-6 is ideal.
  • It is impossible to get a letter on a Spot Kick. If your kick fails you may take it again. This should always be used to put people in difficult situations.

That's It



It's really that simple. Kick ball off wall, repeat. Best to be played when bored, in possession of a football and too lazy to start a real game of anything.

1This part can cause problems as the wall will probably belong to someone who may not like you belting a ball off it. If this worries you, find somewhere safer to play. If not, play until you get chased, its part of the fun anyway

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3960876

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more