A Conversation for The Gurus' Home Page

printing from brunel.

Post 1

shagbark

Does anyone know why the colors reverse when you try to print from Brunel?
I asked this in another forum three days ago and nobody responded.
230?thread=2305/thread/8284522" >F615?thread=8284522&latest=1


printing from brunel.

Post 2

Ottox

Do you have an option whether to print the background or not? If you turn that off, it should print black on white.


printing from brunel.

Post 3

Deep Doo Doo

I saw your initial message, SB, and waited for replies. As you say, none-forthcoming.

Following this message tonight, I've printed the 'front-page' in Brunel and all seems fine at my end.

It took four pages (most of which were the right-hand column of h2g2 links), but I didn't notice anything unusual colour-wise, apart from a bit of 'grey-scaling', but my black-cartridge could be due for replacement.

I'm thinking it may be at setting at your end, but I have no idea what that may be.


printing from brunel.

Post 4

Pastey

I'm afraid I've no idea about this. We've not yet looked into the the print stylings for the site smiley - sadface

smiley - rose


printing from brunel.

Post 5

shagbark

I notice that firefox has a list of options in the corner.
the first is file. Under that is page setup
there I found the check box print background.
Unclicking that makes the text the right color but loses all the green on the page.
So I printed 2 copies One with the green header, the other with the page the correct color then use rubber cement to combine the two.
(The original-precomputer-cut and paste) smiley - ok


printing from brunel.

Post 6

shagbark

the curious thing is- If I were to use alabaster
(http://wsogmm.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/home) I can leave the background checked and I don't have that problem.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more